I dont know how long it has been there, but my phone notified me in the application center folder that I had a download waiting.

Anyway, it said there was a VVM update. I did it and the new version is 1.19.6

Cant tell a difference at the moment... but go get if you need it.

*** Also, does anyone have a problem listening to VVM and your ear hits the screen and shuts it off mid-message!!!! AAARRGGG! I hate that.

** We need screen lock on VVM too !!!. ******
    01-25-09 05:42 PM
    Yep been out for about a week or so. works well.

I never hit the screen, but i use speaker phone allot.
    01-25-09 05:56 PM
    I just downloaded and now I can't access VVM. It says my IT policy prevents setting the proper permission level to allow. Funny thing s, I never had this problem on the old VVM. Hopefully, our IT folks will be able to fix this tomorrow. If not, any suggestions? I have already deleted]nd reinstalled twice with no luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-09 06:35 PM
    I just downloaded and now I can't access VVM. It says my IT policy prevents setting the proper permission level to allow. Funny thing s, I never had this problem on the old VVM. Hopefully, our IT folks will be able to fix this tomorrow. If not, any suggestions? I have already deleted]nd reinstalled twice with no luck.

i'm not what you would call knowledgeable in the topic... but if i had to guess, i'd say your BES policy requires a specific version of the app and you weren't "supposed" to be able to download that OTA update without it first being pushed thru the BES.

could be wrong though, someone who knows more about it may have to chime in on that one.
    01-25-09 06:39 PM
    I would think the same, since we have several hundred BB users, but I have had no problems with the leaked versions of the OS. I think it may be an IT setting that doesn't let me set to "allow" anything that is downloaded straight to the phone. I am going to delete again and try installing with DM. If that doesn't work, our IT folks are pretty good accommodating the requests of individual users.

01-25-09 06:59 PM
    I downloaded it a few days ago and now I cant find my vvm icon. It disappeared from my home screen altogether. pls help. thx
    01-25-09 07:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD