Oh no i did a battery pull.... and when it booted back up the link to download visual voice mail was there menacingly staring at me from my home screen
    10-22-09 03:36 PM
    That DOES sound menacing.
    10-22-09 03:44 PM
    Yup. Same for me. I just hid it and moved on.
    10-22-09 03:44 PM
    yeah i hid mine a moved on but i wanted to confirm i didn't do something dumb (plus i kinda wanted to get all people who hate when this happen all riled up)
    10-22-09 03:46 PM
    I'm mildly annoyed by it... but hate? Not so much. I save my hate for things that deserve it... like Apple Fanboys.
    10-22-09 03:49 PM
    Your info states you are on Verizon and they offer visual voicemail. Should be a free service if I'm not mistaken.
    10-22-09 03:51 PM
    It's not a free service but it is a cool service. I think it's $2.99 a month but I love it. No dialing into voice mail, just hit the play button. You can erase it, save it, call the person directly from it. I see nothing wrong with it. On Verizon it works very well.
    10-22-09 03:54 PM
    Your info states you are on Verizon and they offer visual voicemail. Should be a free service if I'm not mistaken.
    Description
    Visual Voice Mail is an application that allows subscribers to view caller and voice mail information and listen to voice mail messages in any order on their wireless device. Scroll through your messages, pick the ones you want to listen to, erase or archive them right from your screen on your wireless device. You can call back, text and add to contacts directly from the Visual Voice Mail screen.

Other features include:
    Get on-screen access to voice mail message status.
    Access voice mail with one button and get instant playback.
    Save up to 40 messages for 40 days, or archive them permanently
    Create 10 different caller-ID based greetings.
    Reply via call back, text, or even voice mail.

The cost is $2.99/month.
    10-22-09 03:57 PM
    haha yeah that 2.99 is why it annoys me, otherwise i would have loaded the software myself they wouldn't have to shove a link in my face.
    10-22-09 04:00 PM
    You ARE mistaken!!!!!!!
    10-22-09 06:21 PM
    Well, my experience with VVM has been pretty crappy.

I do like the service but the software interface is so buggy I can barely stand using it!!!

Many times I miss notifications for hours. When I do get a notification and try to listen to the message it automatically skips to the end of the message over and over and over again. Then, for some reason, after the 3rd or 4th attempt to hit the play button, it suddenly works.

I really hope they improve the interface. The messages also stop playing when a notification like incoming email or text alerts play.

It just feels like some old, old program that should be much more user friendly.

I would also like them to add an option to change the title of the message. I get a lot of calls forwarded from my office. I'd like to be able to change the text from 'office forward call' to 'Joe Smith re conf call' or something simple like that.

Sorry to hijack but the service is NOT free - as another post mentions it is $2.99/mo and it could be so much more worth it if they fixed the bugs.

Did I mention that if the screen orientation changes it stops playing the messages? Well it does that too. So half the time when you hit 'play' and then put the phone to your ear it stops playing.

Yuck! I was hoping they would have improved things over the course of about a year but I guess that's asking too much.

Again, sorry to hijack the thread.

Jay
    10-23-09 06:20 AM
    I too got the VVM icon pushed, but I'm very content with using YouMail.....
    10-23-09 07:07 AM
    What really bothers me about the cost is that my friend can get it for FREE on her Voyager. That should be included with the ridiculous rate I pay every month D*MM*T haha
    10-23-09 07:16 AM
    What really bothers me about the cost is that my friend can get it for FREE on her Voyager. That should be included with the ridiculous rate I pay every month D*MM*T haha
    Your friend might have a free trial, I doubt it would be free forever.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 07:55 AM
    I too got the VVM icon pushed, but I'm very content with using YouMail.....
    I'll do without the SMS ad-spam YouMail sends out.
    10-23-09 09:43 AM
    I just don't like having to hide more icons every time I reload an OS, if I wanted vvm I'm perfectly capable of going to the Verizon page and downloading it

10-23-09 09:49 AM
    I'm running .323 on my storm 9530, and I don't get any notifications when I get a new voice mail. If I go to vvm and check for messages, they come up and the notification comes up on the home screen. Does anyone else have this issue, or is it working properly for anyone? I thought maybe it is os related. I called tech support and they weren't able to fix it. Thanks

10-23-09 10:14 AM
    you may want to post this as a new topic to get peoples attention, hardly anybody is going to read it in here
    10-23-09 11:30 AM
    It's not a free service but it is a cool service. I think it's $2.99 a month but I love it. No dialing into voice mail, just hit the play button. You can erase it, save it, call the person directly from it. I see nothing wrong with it. On Verizon it works very well.
    I am surprised that it works so good for you. I finally had to cancel it. It would not always push voicemails to the box. Several times, I would miss a call, couldnt answer it in time, then wait a few mins for the message to arrive. Sometimes, it would, sometimes, it wouldnt.

What pushed me over the edge was last week. I mainly use my phone for work, so on weekends, I sometimes leave it upstairs in the office. I did miss a few calls, and I did get some of the voice mails. I returned the calls and thought all was ok. But on Wed, I get a call from a client asking why I didnt call him back, he said he left me a message. I opened Visual Voice mail. I had messages from Sat, Sun and Mon, but nothing from this client. I opened the app and clicked "get messages". no new messages. I then called *86 and I had 8 new messages. 2 that never downloaded to my visual voicemail.

I have uninstalled it several times, I have been on with customer service a few times.

Finally, I called last week and said I wanted to remove it. to my surprise, the customer serivce rep didnt even ask why, he just took it off. I assumed that many were having issues.

I now use YouMail. It isnt great, but it is free.
    10-23-09 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD