What's with this program? Sometimes I get error messages that says it can't play the video and to try a lower resolution. After trying low resolution, I get the exact same error, but the suggestion now is to launch the BB media player. Well, with that I tend to get "unsupported format" errors, which is what caused me to try Vision in the first place.

Furthermore, even when Vision *does* work, the video sometimes stops randomly and then it seems Vision locks up. Full screen also doesn't seem to work.

Are there any better options for YouTube? I understand that BBs don't do Flash, but I read that neither does the iPhone, so why does it play YouTube videos so well? I can't imagine someone isn't compelled to make a stand-out YouTube app for the BB.

Thanks.
    08-06-09 02:08 PM
    I have gotten that error(format error) once in a while ,usually I can just try and hit the play button again and it plays.I do not have any app downloaded to play youtube it is whatever was on the curve 8330.I have not changed my resolution setting.
    Is it just some that dont play or if you try playing the same vid twice does it play the second time or will you get the same error ?
    Actually I have an ipod touch screen and my BB plays the youtube vids better then the ipod

I haven't use an app so I don't know how much it helps viewing youtube.
    Last edited by DavidNC; 08-06-09 at 02:59 PM.
    08-06-09 02:55 PM
    I have gotten that error(format error) once in a while ,usually I can just try and hit the play button again and it plays.I do not have any app downloaded to play youtube it is whatever was on the curve 8330.I have not changed my resolution setting.
    Is it just some that dont play or if you try playing the same vid twice does it play the second time or will you get the same error ?
    Actually I have an ipod touch screen and my BB plays the youtube vids better then the ipod
    Have you tried that battery pull yet?
    Yes the same videos will sometimes work and sometimes give the error, so it's not the individual videos that are the problem. I usually try to play something several times before giving up.

This has been an ongoing problem and my phone has been reset many times in between -- not that I think a simple battery pull would fix something like this anyway.
    08-06-09 02:59 PM
    try searching for "Xenozu"
    it seems to be a little better put together than vision. I ditched vision app!
    08-06-09 03:14 PM
    Jus do wat I do! Go to m.youtube.com on ur browser, videos look n play great haven't had a problem yet
    08-06-09 03:16 PM
    Jus do wat I do! Go to m.youtube.com on ur browser, videos look n play great haven't had a problem yet
    Ok, not to be rude here, but didn't you read my original post? The reason I even tried Vision in the first place was because I kept getting "unsupported format" errors when trying to play videos from the mobile YouTube site.
    08-06-09 03:20 PM
    Ok. I'm still messing with Vision, but it freezes on certain videos. Most open fullscreen, like the BBbrowser mobile youtube site.

Now, Xenozu, that's a different situation. On the Tour, it opens the videos, but you can't toggle the forward icon, or make the video full-screen. I sent them an email.

Both of these should open full-screen on the Tour, which now naitivly shows youtube full.

I remember the 8330 worked with both of those apps pretty well, but hope they work on fixing the Tour version, becuase this phone is awesome!!!

WCM
    08-06-09 03:28 PM
    Ok, not to be rude here, but didn't you read my original post? The reason I even tried Vision in the first place was because I kept getting "unsupported format" errors when trying to play videos from the mobile YouTube site.
    This is true, the naitive BB youtube on the browser works pretty good. Sometimes it says error, but if you clear the history and stuff in Options, it works again. Same on the Tour after a certain point.

But if you have a few more seconds to wait, and want a better quality video, go to Vuclip web video search

This site shows videos from metacafe and youtube and other, ahem, video sites. Wait until videos fully download and click on the hi res option. You can stream, or download to your media card for watching without signal.

WCM
    08-06-09 03:34 PM
    This is true, the naitive BB youtube on the browser works pretty good. Sometimes it says error, but if you clear the history and stuff in Options, it works again. Same on the Tour after a certain point.

But if you have a few more seconds to wait, and want a better quality video, go to Vuclip web video search

This site shows videos from metacafe and youtube and other, ahem, video sites. Wait until videos fully download and click on the hi res option. You can stream, or download to your media card for watching without signal.

WCM
    Thanks, I'll try that site. I'll also try clearing my cache.
    08-06-09 03:37 PM
    No offense taken, check ur APN settings to see if their correct, cuz if they aren't correct that might be the reason why is not workin..
    08-06-09 03:46 PM
    No offense taken, check ur APN settings to see if their correct, cuz if they aren't correct that might be the reason why is not workin..
    What's APN? Is that in the browser settings? I didn't see it.
    08-06-09 03:53 PM
    What's APN? Is that in the browser settings? I didn't see it.
    Click on your option icon>advanced option>TCP/IP....you will see APN there, google your carriers APN settings and make sure they're correct
    08-06-09 03:58 PM
    Click on your option icon>advanced option>TCP/IP....you will see APN there, google your carriers APN settings and make sure they're correct
    Before I mess with this stuff though, would this really fix the problem of playing YouTube media? I have no other internet related issues, so I don't want to create a bigger mess.
    08-06-09 04:01 PM
    Before I mess with this stuff though, would this really fix the problem of playing YouTube media? I have no other internet related issues, so I don't want to create a bigger mess.
    This is only for streaming media, doesn't really have anythin to do with browsing...you can always change it back, but the APN should always have your carriers settings...

Make sure u have the correct carrier settings tho, if you don't then it won't work
    08-06-09 04:06 PM
    This is only for streaming media, doesn't really have anythin to do with browsing...you can always change it back, but the APN should always have your carriers settings...

Make sure u have the correct carrier settings tho, if you don't then it won't work
    Hmm, there is no APN setting under Options>Advanced........
    08-06-09 04:09 PM
    It shuld be options>advance options>TCP/IP>APN......if its not there, den I can't really help you...
    08-06-09 04:16 PM
    It shuld be options>advance options>TCP/IP>APN......if its not there, den I can't really help you...
    Yeah sorry, I meant to say there is no "TCP/IP" setting.
    08-06-09 04:18 PM
    It should be Options>Advanced Options>TCP/IP>APN....if its not den srry can't help you!
    08-06-09 04:22 PM
    Just try clearing the cache and then try other options -- can't hurt to just clear the history.

WCM
    08-06-09 06:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD