So let me preface this by saying that I have absolutely no expertise in programming apps. This is an idea that I'd need others with more skills than myself to help with.
    I'm in the process of moving and buying new furniture, appliances, etc. It seems like every time I need a tape measure I don't have one. So I was thinking, would there be a way to program an app. that would act like a tape measure?
    For instance, I want to measure a sofa to see if it will fit in my living room. I pull out my Storm and hit the "Tape Measure" app. The camera pops up and I hit a key to begin the measuring at one end of the sofa. I move in a straight line toward the other end and hit the bottom at the further end to stop the measuring. The measurement in inches is displayed on the screen.
    Is this at all feasible?
    11-15-09 07:14 PM
    I don't think it would be accurate at all..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-09 09:02 PM
    Definetly not. It would make more sense if you got something that would measure the length of the phone and everytime you flip the phone it adds that measurement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-09 09:16 PM
    simply put, just buy a tape measure. they are pretty cheap, and there wouldnt be as many problems that would be ran in to while on a phone.
    11-15-09 09:18 PM
    measure your shoe. that will get you through most furniture/appliance/rug issues.
    11-15-09 09:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD