You probably already know, but for you that dont.
    Go to Viigo from your balckberrys
    12-07-08 03:59 PM
    I have not installed Viigo because of all the issues I've read about here. Hope this fixes them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-08 04:08 PM
    Good news...

I haven't done Viigo for a couple of reasons:

- The memory hogging issues
    - I'm usually around a PC either at home or work and I'm usually checking 24/7 on CB, bgr, and engadgetmobile blogs
    12-07-08 04:10 PM
    Viigo states that it recommends the update especially for Bold users. Supposed to solve some issuse
    12-07-08 04:11 PM
    Viigo states "Build3.0.439 is an important maintenance release, and makes significant improvements in both memory and performance, especially on BOLDS."
    12-07-08 04:14 PM
    I tried Viigo a few times with my curve and don't see what the big deal is about this app. I found it kinda useless. Can someone please enlighten me? Maybe I'm missing something.

12-07-08 04:23 PM
    Personally I like viigo for the multiple weather. I can see what its like where friends are around the country. I also like the F1 section. Its one of the best aside from the actual web page that I have found.
    12-07-08 04:41 PM
    It's better. Doesn't hog memory. When you close it doesn't take forever. Also the layout is much more refined.
    12-07-08 04:47 PM
    I tried Viigo a few times with my curve and don't see what the big deal is about this app. I found it kinda useless. Can someone please enlighten me? Maybe I'm missing something.

For someone like me I love the application. I am a bit of a news junkie and rather then having a huge favorites list it makes things easier.

12-07-08 04:58 PM
    I just wish they would enable the frickin video podcasts.
    12-07-08 05:00 PM
    Much improved. A lot faster.

12-07-08 05:18 PM
    Much improved. A lot faster.

Maybe I should try it again.

12-07-08 05:20 PM

I'm in the same boat dude. It was fun for a minute but I quickly lost interest reading what essentially are really crappy executive summaries of news stories. It's fine if you just want a bit of info from many different sources, but if you want to read the full story you might as well just surf to the website. I have replaced viigo with the CNN and Foxnews apps. They serve me just fine.
    12-07-08 05:54 PM
    Works great with crackberry blogs,sports scored, news (if I want to know more of the story I press "full article"). Its all around very handy.

12-07-08 07:18 PM
    I downloaded the latest beta a few days ago and this is several versions newer than what I got. Much faster and it is using much less memory thus far.
    12-07-08 10:12 PM
    Ok, this is a bit off-topic, but someone mentioned the CNN app earlier. I've got CNN's mobile site as my home page when I click Browser; is there something to the app that I miss by just having the CNN webpage, and if so, where do I dind it? Thanks.
    Steve
    12-07-08 10:40 PM
    Anyone else have a dead Bold thanks to this new update? Just trying to find out why mine died while installing the new update. If anyone has any advice/suggestions/theories, let me know.
    12-12-08 07:17 PM
    I'm slowly beginning to believe this latest version of Viigo is the best thus far...

Rammstein - I suggest you do a 30 second battery pull, then try the install again. Do a restore if you have to.
    12-12-08 08:02 PM
    Its not nice to hyjack someone's thread.

But, in answer to your question, from your Blackberry, go here: http://m.cnn.com/bb

Ok, this is a bit off-topic, but someone mentioned the CNN app earlier. I've got CNN's mobile site as my home page when I click Browser; is there something to the app that I miss by just having the CNN webpage, and if so, where do I dind it? Thanks.
    Steve
    12-12-08 08:04 PM
    When it first crashed I took the battery out and came back and put it back in after 5 minutes, thinking it would reset but no luck. I'm not exactly sure how to restore, would that cause any major loss(other than losing the use of a $600 device already, i mean, lol)?
    12-12-08 08:08 PM
    I think we have to ask, what EXACTLY is showing on the screen of the device? Depending on the error message, you might have to reload the OS.

We'll get to that, later; based on your reply...

When it first crashed I took the battery out and came back and put it back in after 5 minutes, thinking it would reset but no luck. I'm not exactly sure how to restore, would that cause any major loss(other than losing the use of a $600 device already, i mean, lol)?
    12-12-08 08:33 PM
    Well, to be exact:

The install was going just fine, took its sweet time, so I let it finish, it said the phone needed to restart so I clicked "Yes/Restart" and then i went back to what I was doing on my pc. I looked down and noticed it was just turning black(off) and white(trying to reboot) with the hourglass(clock) icon on the white screen. It's been doing that ever since, battery pulls and all. Now(2 hours or more later) it doesnt cycle and continuously try to reboot, it just tries to boot once and never again. I have to remove the battery for another attempt to reboot(which fails).

I hope that is detailed enough to help. Lord knows I am at a loss as for what to do next. Thanks for your help so far and in advance.
    12-12-08 09:19 PM
    I'm slowly beginning to believe this latest version of Viigo is the best thus far...
    Agreed. I've used it on several previous devices and it's definitely one of my favorite apps now.
    12-12-08 10:33 PM
    don't find viigo that practical either.. Used to have my rss on my windows mobile pc and read news there much much easier than on my BB.. Really disappointed on the way it handles RSS
    12-13-08 06:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD