Is anyone else having issues with viigo?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 08:40 PM
    I am not liking it very well. It's laggy and not updating, even after adjusting the setting to do so. I am on the search for something else for my RSS feeds.
    07-17-09 08:45 PM
    I gave up on Viigo and I'm now just using Google Reader on the BB Browser.

07-17-09 09:24 PM
    Yeah I just uninstalled viigo because it lagged my tour so bad. Google weather and reader as bookmarks are all I need and there aren't ads.

07-17-09 09:28 PM
    been using "lite" version and it work great on Tour. No fancy extras though just RSS and ability to post articles to delicious . getviigo.com/lite
    07-17-09 09:36 PM
    I have Viigo on my Tour and have had no problems at all. I think the trick to having it run smoothly is to exit out of the app after you finish using it. (As with ANY app running on a Blackberry). As long as it isn't constantly running and updating there really isn't any lag, memory leak or battery drain.

The appearance of Viigo and its ease of use is worth it to me!

07-17-09 10:43 PM
    As soon as I launch Viigo, my Tour becomes unusable/unresponsible for anywhere from 15-45 seconds.
    07-18-09 12:09 AM
    I really disliked Viigo. I found a really awesome RSS reader called NewsGator Go! Gets the job done. You add all your RSS feeds from your PC and manage them from the phone. Check it out.

Mobile RSS Reader for BlackBerry and Windows Devices - NewsGator Go!
    07-18-09 12:19 AM
    My only issue has been with Sports. My baseball scores are stuck on a date about 3 or 4 weeks ago. It's an account thing, since I had the issue on a Curve first, and now after a fresh install of Viigo on my Tour it's the exact same thing. Time to create a new account.
    07-18-09 12:38 AM
    Same with me being laggy at beginning and then it seems to catch up or I have to hit update all channels. Think I wlll keep it for now.
    07-18-09 08:27 AM
    It seems to work for me just have to give it a couple of seconds to catch up.

But after about 10 seconds if letting it sit there it works great with no lag on the phone.
    07-18-09 09:10 AM
    its laggy, really annoying

i think there are better alternatives, in the use google reader or something instead sense
    07-18-09 09:17 AM
    i've loved Viigo for the past two years...

but on my Tour it freezes up the whole OS for nearly a minute whenever it updates. i'm going to have to try the "Lite" version, or delete it altogether.
    07-30-09 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD