I just downloaded viigo - I use Google Reader but thought I'd give this a try too --

What's the main difference or advantage over Google Reader if you have tried both and I also wanted to know how to add feeds that aren't in their system?

For instance, If i'm on a blog and i want to subscribe to the feed I normally just click on google reader and add it and there it is - how do I get them added via viigo?
    05-20-08 09:55 AM
    If you go to viigo's sit on your computer, https://feeds.virtualreach.com/Manager/Login.aspx
    and log in to your account, select "add OPML" - then copy and paste the URL of the blog. I have set up several that way.
    05-20-08 10:15 AM
    Cool - thanks -

Does it have to be in .oplm format ? The url's don't seem to be in that format --
    05-20-08 10:20 AM
    I just copied the URL into the OPML box. It worked fine as-is.
    05-20-08 10:21 AM
    ok - the one I'm looking at is .xml - will that work?

Thanks for your assistance!
    05-20-08 10:28 AM
    You can also hit options, and add feed in Viigo or your BB.
    05-20-08 10:36 AM
    You can also add the feeds you currently have in google reader by adding it as an aggregator. Then you'll see all the feeds that you have in google reader in viigo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-08 05:11 PM
    If you are have added Google Reader as an aggregator for Viigo then when you add a new feed to Google Reader it is automatically added to the feeds that show up on your BlackBerry. Just keep adding feeds the way that you would have if you were still using Google Reader.

Aside from the cosmetic and functional differences between using Viigo on your BlackBerry and accessing Google Reader is that with Viigo the feeds are downloaded to your device so you can access them without having to be online (like on a plane) and access is immediate because you aren;t constantly refreshing the browser. You can buzz through your feeds much faster than with Reader. Viigo also gives you access to tagging on del.icio.us and other little features outside of the Google feature set.

Unfortunately Viigo and Google Reader do not sync. This means that if you read something on Google Reader it will still appear as unread in Viigo and vice versa. I'm told that is a feature that may be added in the future. On my blog (ttrumble.com) I've posted a thorough review of RSS readers for the BlackBerry.
    05-21-08 08:21 AM
    Hi I just downloaded viigo and look forward to using it
    05-21-08 08:49 PM
    I finally have unlimited data, thank god bell finally came to its senses, anyway, i of course downloaded viigo, everything works fine, but my event log always shows "a virtual reach output - channel update completed"...does this do this for everyone? Thanks!
    05-29-08 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD