Hey all, just bought myself a Tour (it's my first Blackberry) and I've been messing with some apps, exploring the phone; what you'd expect. I've run into a problem with Viigo however, and it seems to be a very popular app, so I'd imagine someone here might be able to help me out.

I downloaded Viigo from the mobile website, as opposed to the BB App World. I was instructed to do so as it was the latest version available.

The problem is that Viigo doesn't want to get the data I ask for. I've only tried this with the "Weather" category in the program, but when I click on Tucson, AZ (my hometown), which I had to add myself, the resulting page is just blank. It says "Powered By AccuWeather.com" at the top, but the rest of the page is blank. I get the same result when trying to see weather in the preloaded cities (New York and London).

Anyone know what's going on here?

Thanks.
    08-06-09 04:13 PM
    I get the same problem. Some times it works, mostly doesn't. Haven't figured it out yet.
    08-06-09 06:25 PM
    Go into your options> advanced options> applications and delete Viigo. After that you should be prompted to restart your BB so do so.

If you have not downloaded App World do so and then go into App World and download Viigo where it will detect the correct version for the tour.

You will have to reenter your username and password but it will save all your channels and you should be good to go from there not to mention in BB App World when a new version comes out you will be notified via App World on your new Tour.

Good luck!
    08-06-09 07:31 PM
    Tried the install from App World as well, same problem. It's really funny, only the weather section is giving me grief and as I said before, sometimes it works but mostly doesn't (you can go in once and some cities are updated, go back later and only different cities are updated).
    08-07-09 10:46 AM
    Tried the install from App World as well, same problem. It's really funny, only the weather section is giving me grief and as I said before, sometimes it works but mostly doesn't (you can go in once and some cities are updated, go back later and only different cities are updated).
    Well if there is nothing at the time to update then nothing is going to update, I have it installed and I have no trouble with anything whatsoever.
    08-07-09 11:04 AM
    I had this issue when I first got Viigo. I have no clue if it still is that way, I just assumed it was an accuweather issue, or a push issue, and not necessarily the app.

Get a weather app, there are quite a few free ones, and they are much better and more detailed than the weather from viigo.
    08-07-09 12:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD