Does anyone know how much memory viigo uses when it saves and exits? If i keep adding channels will it use more memory? I love it and want to keep it as long as it doesnt nuke my memory.
    04-22-08 07:06 PM
    I have about 25 channels on viigo and I haven't notice a big change in my avail memory.......................

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-08 07:12 PM
    Viigo was giving me some issues so I deleted it. I am going to try and re-install it cause I really like it. And yes it will be CrackBerry edition...

04-22-08 07:26 PM
    I have not noticed any major drop in memory. I would just dump the browser cache from time to time because that is what will take up space, not viigo.
    04-22-08 07:39 PM
    I haven't noticed any drop in memory. I don't store a ton of stuff though... I have noticed that even though I leave it running in the background and have it update every hour it does not drain my battery.
    04-22-08 08:23 PM
    I dropped it, but, that's good to know.

04-22-08 08:40 PM
    when you clear the browser cache do you want to clear the push and cookie cache too. and if you clear the cookie cache will it slow viigo
    Last edited by shadygrady; 04-22-08 at 09:12 PM.
    04-22-08 08:51 PM
    at first i liked viigo.. but i went back to my ABC news app instead. but thats just me
    04-23-08 01:10 AM
    I work as a paramedic and all the news and new toys and such are on my viigo. As are sports and news. I wouldn't trade it for the world. I have the crackberry edition. How does the regular version differ?

04-23-08 04:07 AM
    where can i get the crackberry edition
    04-23-08 04:18 AM
    Does anyone know how much memory viigo uses when it saves and exits? If i keep adding channels will it use more memory? I love it and want to keep it as long as it doesnt nuke my memory.
    Memory usage will differ depending on what type of device you have, how many channels and articles you're subscribing to, and what OS you're running.

Viigo has a maximum article limit of 1000 (it will only cache 1000 articles to the device), and the default setting is 500. One thing you can do to further optimize the memory situation for your device is to reduce the default article limit. You can do so by clicking the BlackBerry Menu Button (from the Viigo homescreen), then clicking: Options > Articles > Maximum Articles.

Jesse
    04-23-08 08:24 AM
    Good to know. Thanks Jesse.
    04-23-08 08:27 AM
    Does anyone know if Viigo updates when the unit i son standby? My impression is it does not.
    thanks
    04-23-08 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD