Why is it taking so long for the official release of Viigo for the Storm? Anyone have any idea when we will be able to upgrade from this Beta version?

Thanks.
    12-12-08 09:40 PM
    has the beta been updated at all? meaning has there been a second beta put out yet?
    12-13-08 11:30 AM
    Viigo has been updating everything for all blackberry models other than the Storm.

I don't need a FINAL version, but I'd sure like an update to make the back button work and possibly remove some of the slowness/hangs that happen when you open it and it initially updates.
    12-13-08 12:48 PM
    so there IS a version of viggo for the storm?
    12-15-08 05:25 PM
    so there IS a version of viggo for the storm?
    yes.

From your BB's browser visit...

Viigo
    12-15-08 05:30 PM
    it ain't worth using yet....
    12-15-08 05:30 PM
    Oh your soooo wrong!

I use it, only two problems is the back button (just hold it a little longer than you want) and it freezes sometimes while loading new data (just be patient it will unfreeze)
    12-15-08 05:44 PM
    I love the app!! I can deal with those inconveniences until they fix it..
    12-16-08 11:28 AM
    Great app can't wait for the full release

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 11:36 AM
    I beg to differ. Viigo is by far the best app to go on my Storm since Day 1. I wasn't much of a newsfeed reader before (on any platform), but now I'm addicted (maybe not a good thing). The only thing I struggle with is not knowing when or why the main BB menu sometimes opens up for no reason when navigating. I guess that's the "beta" part of the product.
    12-16-08 11:36 AM
    i love viigo, but I too await an update
    12-16-08 11:51 AM
    I just got an E mail from Viigo saying an update is available. I am at work will have to try it when I get a chance!

12-16-08 12:13 PM
    Never mind looks like same build as before. Don't know why they would send out an E mail if there was no update

12-16-08 12:17 PM
    Viigo is by far my favorite app as well
    12-16-08 12:22 PM
    Never mind looks like same build as before. Don't know why they would send out an E mail if there was no update
    I have the beta (from getviigo.com/beta) installed on my storm, and the "release" version installed on my curve.

i get emails about "new releases" that are updates, but the "Beta" installed on the storm seems to be a newer version (v3.0.710) than the latest installed on my Curve (v3.0.439).
    12-16-08 02:05 PM
    It appears to me to be the same as the initial pre-release version. I never jotted down the build on the prior version I installed, so I cannot be certain. The build I just downloaded is 3.30.710.

I can say that it still does not transition properly backwards through screens unless you hold down (or twice press) the Esc button, which is exactly what the prior version I installed did.

Who knows? Be nice if they (and all app developers) provided release notes for all of their releases, huh? But, it is free, so who am I to complain.
    12-16-08 03:35 PM
    I beg to differ. Viigo is by far the best app to go on my Storm since Day 1. I wasn't much of a newsfeed reader before (on any platform), but now I'm addicted (maybe not a good thing). The only thing I struggle with is not knowing when or why the main BB menu sometimes opens up for no reason when navigating. I guess that's the "beta" part of the product.

Agreed 100 percent. Viigo is the first app I downloaded the second I was able to (for the Storm). I read about 12 newsfeeds daily, and the ability to do it on the fly through my storm is a godsend.

I'd rather deal with a quirky back button (you just have to hold it down a little longer, it's not like it doesn't work), than still be waiting for a Viigo release.
    12-16-08 03:48 PM
    Does viigo auto update? I got the email that a new version was available, went to the website and realized it was the same version as I had.
    12-16-08 03:49 PM
    Agreed 100 percent. Viigo is the first app I downloaded the second I was able to (for the Storm). I read about 12 newsfeeds daily, and the ability to do it on the fly through my storm is a godsend.

I'd rather deal with a quirky back button (you just have to hold it down a little longer, it's not like it doesn't work), than still be waiting for a Viigo release.
    Don't get me wrong. I think its a good app. I just think they accidentally sent out an upgrade notice for the same pre-release version.
    12-16-08 03:50 PM
    I can't wait until an update does come - hopefully will include the podcast support that had been labeled "coming soon" since the Storm version's release. This will make a great app even better
    12-16-08 06:25 PM
    I love Viigo. Even with the 2 flaws it has (Back button and occasional freeze) it's a fantastic program Kudos to Viigo for opening up a public beta so quickly and letting everyone have access to it. Looking forward to updates, but it certainly does not disappoint.

Oh, yeah, also dying for the Podcast section to become available.
    12-16-08 07:07 PM
    i love viigo, had it since its been out and am part of the private beta group =)
    12-16-08 08:33 PM
    When it freezes just use your finger to give it a quick push, or hit the back button a second time
    12-16-08 08:44 PM
    Without Viigo, my use of the storm is about half the phone. It saves me SO much time reading news on the net.
    12-16-08 08:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD