As you may or may not know, Viigo has stopped updating feeds. I'm DYING without my articles! I switched over to Blackberry News Feeds, but I HATE that whenever I want to read the "full article" it directs me to the browser. It takes time for the page to load, and I get bored and lose interest. Does anyone know of an rss reader that allows you to read the full articles viigo-style (without having to open the browser)? I'm willing to pay a reasonable fee for it...Blackberry News Feeds is NOT working for me.
    06-01-11 11:47 PM
    I use BerryReader for all my RSS feeds... (big thanks to Crackberry).. loads fast, doesnt need to open using browser... u can have it set to show the articles in desktop view or mobile view for even faster loading...
    Hope this helps
    lisablessing likes this.
    06-02-11 01:02 AM
    Berryreader for me too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    lisablessing likes this.
    06-02-11 01:44 AM
    I like berry reader better than the Android options even...
    lisablessing likes this.
    06-02-11 01:53 AM
    +1 for BerryReader
    lisablessing likes this.
    06-02-11 02:17 AM
    I'm using the BBNews App. So far, so good. It seems like an updated version of Viigo...but with a few less options.
    lisablessing likes this.
    06-02-11 06:34 AM
    Thanks guys, you rock! I'll give them both a try and see what I come up with. If I don't have to read from the browser, I may fall in love. lol
    06-02-11 09:00 AM
    Bellshare - BerryReader

Works well
    06-02-11 09:07 AM
    I think BBNews is Viigo, didn't they buy Viigo? I will try berryshare as well. Thank you everyone.
    06-02-11 09:23 AM
    News Feeds is NOT Viigo. It is not even close to it. But you are right, RIM bought them (and so far, that's all they seem to have done with the company).

Go Reader is not bad.
    06-02-11 09:42 AM
    +1 for BerryReader, especially if you have a touchscreen and can use the swipe and long-press gestures. Well worth the investment IMO, and they'll occasionally have it for 50% off.
    06-02-11 12:44 PM
    I didn't find BerryReader and BBNews to be easily downloadable, and I find it easier to go through the BlackBerry App World, where I found XPRSS. I tried a few other free ones and found them to be too cluttered and/or suffer from the same stupid issue of needing to go to the browser. XPRSS opens full articles through something called Instapaper Mobilizer. I have no idea what it is but it seems to work. Loads fast, not in browser. Works for me. RIM will have to answer to a higher power for what it did to Viigo. They bought out a perfectly good app, killed it, and built an inferior product with the decaying bones of Viigo's corpse.
    06-03-11 09:55 AM
    RIM will have to answer to a higher power for what it did to Viigo. They bought out a perfectly good app, killed it, and built an inferior product with the decaying bones of Viigo's corpse.
    Feels like that. We've been asking for features (specially, in my case, Google Reader integration) in the BZ forums.

XPRESS does not have that, althou I heard it is a very good one.
    06-03-11 11:26 AM
    RIM should just buy BeReader, integrate it with Social Feeds and stop developing news feeds. Obviously they won't though since they bought Viigo for their backend...
    06-03-11 01:45 PM
    I loved Viigo and as I am in the UK I can't (as yet) get BB News Feed contacted BB bods to see how long it will be. Currently using XPRSS however I dislike all the showy graphics and the fact it relies on an active connection (viggo dl'ed for future reading). I think BerryReader will be a future purchase for me.

posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

06-03-11 02:00 PM
    Although Viigo stopped updating articles when you go into the channel list, it still updates when I open a particular channel. Just tried it a few minutes ago. Too bad that RIM is killing Viigo. It's much better than News Feeds.

Sent using Tapatalk
    06-03-11 02:07 PM
    I loved Viigo. Had to give it up after updating to OS6 on my Bold 9700. Try Blackberry's news reader, but ended up switching to XPRSS. Other than Google reader integration, the only thing else I'd like in XPRSS would be a list of menu options that match the choices at the bottom of a news item. I often mail articles to myself for viewing later on my desktop. Reaching the bottom-of-story EMAIL icon can take a long time when the articles are lengthy. Viigo had that mail-to-me option easily accessible. I'd like to see all the choices at the bottom reflected in the menu - that would save me a lot of time.
    06-03-11 02:20 PM
    IMO GoogleReader is great and BerryReader just makes the entire experience a lot better.

I have about 70 feeds going into GoogleReader and BerryReader picks them up without any issues.

I still use GoogleReader for my laptop.

Good Luck
    06-03-11 08:20 PM
    IMO GoogleReader is great and BerryReader just makes the entire experience a lot better.

I have about 70 feeds going into GoogleReader and BerryReader picks them up without any issues.

Good Luck
    +1 well said...., love Berry Reader, i used to have Viigo for years and was in love with it, but after using a few days Berry Reader i decided to let Viigo go to history, can't imagine my life without this app
    06-03-11 11:53 PM
    im fine just logging into googlereader mobile site. Syncs with desktop version since i'm always going between the 2... unless im proven it's worth spending $ to read feeds in googlereader i'll save my money.
    06-04-11 09:15 AM
    Although Viigo stopped updating articles when you go into the channel list, it still updates when I open a particular channel. Just tried it a few minutes ago.
    You're right with some channels, but I found that now Viigo just doesn't read some feeds at all. In other readers, you can see articles for certain feeds, but not in Viigo (and, Viigo used to be able to read those same feeds). So, for a certain sub-set of feeds, RIM is letting poor Viigo limp along.
    06-04-11 10:20 AM
    Viigo is back and working as it should on my Bold 9700. After it quit updating I deleted it and tried to find a replacement. Didn't find anything I liked so reloaded Viigo and found it to be working again.

06-15-11 12:21 PM
    Briiing back.. Oh briiing back.. Please bring back my Viigo to meeee... (And i seriously mean it, RIM!!!)

06-15-11 03:34 PM

Did anyone try BReader? It claims Google Reader 2way sync and offline capabilities. Found at BReader - CT Google Reader feed reader for BB (1.0.1 update 06/21/2011)
    Wolf
    06-26-11 02:11 PM
    Did anyone try BReader? It claims Google Reader 2way sync and offline capabilities. Found at BReader - CT Google Reader feed reader for BB (1.0.1 update 06/21/2011)
    Wolf
    Read my thread about BerryReder here >>>> BerryReader is CRAP!
    06-26-11 02:14 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD