Brand new to BB and Storm (4 days now)...the Viigo app looks pretty cool but I was wondering if it's configurable...I'm really not interested in travel, markets or election...can these be turned off? Suspect you can add your own RSS feeds, etc?

Secondly, I've only installed ONE app on my BB...the youtube one...went pretty smooth but being an old WINDOWS user, I was wondering about all the MANY, MANY files that MIGHT be installing on my Storm during OTA and then if you take off an app, does it CLEANLY removed all the hobos, etc...or are all the BB apps ONLY one simple file AFTER installing?

I did removed the VZG Navigator or whatever that was...I wasn't paying for GPS so removed it...are there other apps that can/should be deleted? (i.e I really only use yahoo chat, can I (cleanly) uninstall all the other ones?)

Finally, I think I read that using yahoo-chat actually uses your DATA plan and you don't need the SMS/Texting feature at an additional 10 bones a month...DESPITE the fact that is what the corporate Verizon store at our mall told me...I thought about how in the **** they would know I was even using YAHOO and charge me....heard that is all bunk and they are just wanted me to add that feature to my plan. Guess time will tell when I get my bill....
    12-16-08 10:41 PM
    bump.............
    12-17-08 06:01 PM
    Yes, Channels can be removed (elections, Travel, Local, etc.)

I beleive Yahoo is similar to messenger in that it does not use sms text. Those are IM programs that use the data plan.

Cannot answer other questions
    12-17-08 06:07 PM
    Yes you can remove channels in Viigo.
    Definately add your own rss feeds.

Installing OTA apps on BlackBerries does not install "other" files that you didn't want. They can be cleanly deleted without leaving behind anything.

All of the Instant messengers just use data, not SMS texting.
    12-17-08 06:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD