I installed the newest version on Viigo onto my 9530 and added all of the CB channels but what did it do? I can't access the forums or anything thru there so I'm just wondering what the Cb
    B channel is for pn there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-09 11:29 AM
    I installed the newest version on Viigo onto my 9530 and added all of the CB channels but what did it do? I can't access the forums or anything thru there so I'm just wondering what the Cb

Although I don't use Viigo, the channels are probably for their various blogs.
    01-30-09 11:30 AM
    Although I don't use Viigo, the channels are probably for their various blogs.
    Guess I need to re install my CB wap launcher...

01-30-09 11:35 AM

I see the same thing. None of the channels are populated after I add them under the Crackberry section.
    01-30-09 11:57 AM
    If you added all the channels back out and choose to update the channel from the menu. Everything you added should get feeds at that point.

Last edited by bribears; 01-30-09 at 12:15 PM.
    01-30-09 12:13 PM
    If you added all the channels back out and choose to update the channel from the menu. Everything you added should get feeds at that point.

IDK mine don't seem to do anything. Everything else works great.

01-30-09 12:50 PM
    No luck on CB feeds must be a defect. I wish I would have stayed with the one I Dl last night it had a twitter feed

01-30-09 02:02 PM
    Just out of curiosity, does FreeRange work on the Storm? The last I heard it wasn't but, that was over a month ago.

I don't mean to hijack the thread but, if it's working you guys might want to take a look at it. I've had it on my Flip since day one and have yet to have a problem with it. It's not as flashy as Viigo but it loads much faster and it's dependable.
    01-30-09 02:05 PM
    From moosc

No luck on CB feeds must be a defect. I wish I would have stayed with the one I Dl last night it had a twitter feed
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/ne...55/index4.html
    01-30-09 02:20 PM
    Ugh this sux... This version of viigo is actually WORSE than the previous one. I'll brb after I uninstall

01-30-09 02:47 PM
    I had the standard version of Viigo before....I updated today to the CB version of the newest release .856

It took me awhile to figure this out but to answer some of the questions in this thread, here's what I figured out....

1. Unless u originally loaded the CB version of Viigo, the RSS feeds r not automatically added. Since I originally had a standard version, despite deleting it before upgrading, I had to manually add the feeds in the CrackBerry.com channel.

2. Within the CrackBerry.com channel, click Add Channel, then click Forums from the list, then click Forums again in the next screen so the RSS symbol turns orange, then while it is highlighted click the BB menu button and select Enter URL.

URL is... http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Blackbe...tCrackberrycom

**click the link for the full URL address**

then click OK

3. Do the same for Store

URL is... CrackBerry: Best Sellers - BlackBerry Software

**click the link for the full URL address**

then click OK

4. U don't need to do anything for the Blogs (I will explain in a moment) and I've not discovered the URL feeds for the others...ie Reviews, Other Smartphones.

5. Once these are added, back out....U will find these feeds in the News & RSS channel, NOT CRACKBERRY.COM CHANNEL....don't understand why but that's how its working on mine at least. The CB blogs r already a part of the standard News & RSS channel feeds so that's why u dont have to add the URL feed like the others above.

Not sure if this is normal or needs correction in a later revision....would be nice if they were in the CB channel instead of mixed in with everything in the News/RSS channel.....I also wish I knew how to only have specific forum posts load instead of the all-in-one version it has.

Anyone know if I'm missing something??
    Last edited by bg0508; 01-30-09 at 03:02 PM.
    01-30-09 02:51 PM
    I deleted, re booted, and everything is as it should be again. Dunno why but that version seemed to play havoc with my 9530. A lot of things locked up and it seemed to slow everything down. Guess I'll wait for the next version and try again then.

01-30-09 03:05 PM
    I deleted, re booted, and everything is as it should be again. Dunno why but that version seemed to play havoc with my 9530. A lot of things locked up and it seemed to slow everything down. Guess I'll wait for the next version and try again then.

Yeah mine did the same for awhile, took a long time to load feeds & add channels after install....couple of reboots & battery pulls....but now its working great!
    01-30-09 03:10 PM
    Yeah mine did the same for awhile, took a long time to load feeds & add channels after install....couple of reboots & battery pulls....but now its working great!
    I have to say this is my first bb or smart phone for that matter but all these re boots and batt pulls are a pain. Sometimes my wife will be trying to reach me and I tell her sorry I had to batt pull again... Can't remember how many times she asked me to return it but I haven't reached that level of frustration yet. Ate batt pulls a storm thing or a bb thing?

01-30-09 03:20 PM
    I have to say this is my first bb or smart phone for that matter but all these re boots and batt pulls are a pain. Sometimes my wife will be trying to reach me and I tell her sorry I had to batt pull again... Can't remember how many times she asked me to return it but I haven't reached that level of frustration yet. Ate batt pulls a storm thing or a bb thing?

Curious which OS r u running?

Hang in there, this is such a new device UI for BB....they will get the OS smoothed out before long.
    01-30-09 03:24 PM
    OS 4.7.0.75 I need to pull the batt like once or twice a day so it runs smooth. Not as many times as some ppl I've read about on here but if it was more I mite have bailed. Long story short I really like my Storm and I'm confident it'll get better.

01-30-09 03:31 PM
    Is there a way to only get certain subforums in the feed? I only want posts from the Storm forum...thx

01-30-09 03:47 PM
    Is there a way to only get certain subforums in the feed? I only want posts from the Storm forum...thx

Yeah I'd like the same...but so far I can't figure it out.
    01-30-09 04:21 PM
    Yeah I'd like the same...but so far I can't figure it out.
    OK I figured out how to add a channel for the Storm only. Although it still shows up in the news and RSS section, here goes.

1. Go into Storm 9530 / 9500 forum in CB with your storm. Hit bb button and select page address and copy address.

2. Open Viigo, select Crackberry.com channel, and select add channel. Highlight forums, hit bb button and select enter url. Paste the link in and name it BB Storm or whatever you want.

Is this what you were trying to do? I know the other CB forums are still present and its a hassle being in the news and RSS section insted of CB but it's a storm only feed anyway...
    01-30-09 05:12 PM
    OK I figured out how to add a channel for the Storm only. Although it still shows up in the news and RSS section, here goes.

1. Go into Storm 9530 / 9500 forum in CB with your storm. Hit bb button and select page address and copy address.

2. Open Viigo, select Crackberry.com channel, and select add channel. Highlight forums, hit bb button and select enter url. Paste the link in and name it BB Storm or whatever you want.

Is this what you were trying to do? I know the other CB forums are still present and its a hassle being in the news and RSS section insted of CB but it's a storm only feed anyway...
    Nice, it worked! Thanks for the help!

01-30-09 05:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD