Question for all you. I gave my iPhone the boot for the Bold and I am loving the device. I have downloaded Viigo and I can see my self getting addicted to the app. But, it seems to eat up the device memory. Is it just me or is that how it is and is there a fix?
    11-09-08 07:05 PM
    Its not just you. The Viigo app does eat up a lot of memory. There really isn't anything you can do except close the app out completely*not just hit the back button* or take it off your phone completely.
    11-09-08 08:16 PM
    Yah viigo eats quite a bit of memory. Unfortunately. I liked setting alerts for cb and for gizmodo and engadget but have stopped as it seems to eat tons of memoy. Blah.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-08 09:34 PM
    If you primarily use it just for the RSS feeds you can use a server-based reader like google reader. Will be extremely light on internal memory.
    11-09-08 09:53 PM
    Viigo wont even start on my bold,
    11-09-08 10:52 PM
    I love the app! First time using it over this past week. I always make sure I close it out but I was confused with the update stuff.
    11-09-08 11:12 PM
    The rss feeds and the weather are great! Can't say I use it for much more than that.

11-09-08 11:20 PM
    Viigo does not work on my bold either and I really loved it!!! Worked great on my Curve.
    11-09-08 11:29 PM
    I downloaded Viigo from here at crackberry.com. Works great for a few hours, then hangs when trying to update. Battery pull and/or downloading it again fixes it for a while then it hangs again.
    11-10-08 03:01 PM
    I just returned to BB after a couple of years with a Windows mobile. The Viigo goes a long way toward making up for the poor web browser. I have no problems running it - no problems with battery or memory. Overall, I love the Bold.
    11-10-08 03:51 PM
    I haven't noticed it eat up much memory, either. I don't have a huge number of RSS feeds though, maybe that has something to do with it?
    11-10-08 04:04 PM
    I downloaded Viigo from here at crackberry.com. Works great for a few hours, then hangs when trying to update. Battery pull and/or downloading it again fixes it for a while then it hangs again.
    I have the exact same problem with updating. Seems to hang. I usually "close" the app and then start it again. Works for a period of time then back to hanging.

Anybody else? Ideas?

11-11-08 08:31 PM
    I too cannot get viigo to work on my bold.

11-14-08 06:34 PM
    Guys, there is an easy fix for Viigo's "memory problem". Just go into the settings and disable the option to have it run in the background after you exit. Once I turned that off, Viigo does not drain any memory for me. By doing this, when you leave the app by using the back button, it actually fully closes it.
    11-14-08 06:36 PM
    Guys, there is an easy fix for Viigo's "memory problem". Just go into the settings and disable the option to have it run in the background after you exit. Once I turned that off, Viigo does not drain any memory for me. By doing this, when you leave the app by using the back button, it actually fully closes it.

i just figured that out a few days ago, but you beat me to it.

good job grasshopper. haha
    11-15-08 01:18 AM
    hah i agree viigo is awesome =)
    i got a bunch of feeds even ones i dont read..
    just in case lol
    11-15-08 02:07 AM

Doesn't work for me, still drains my memory...
    11-15-08 02:30 AM
    Doesn't work for me, still drains my memory...
    You 100% sure its viigo that's causing it?

11-15-08 08:02 AM
    I had installed the crackberry version and changed my settings as noted above and did not notice any changes. I would lose memory and drop to 7mb sometimes.

I deleted the app and then installed the beta version (Build 3.0.246) and my memory has been way more stable since. I also set it to not autoupdate and not to save articles when exiting. I have been deleting the articles that I have read or am not interested in and saving just the ones I want.

Just thought I would share that.
    11-26-08 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD