It's here! Viigo has just released the 3rd public beta of Viigo 3 (Project Tango), and we have it for you live with CrackBerry.com branding. When we first launched Viigo - CrackBerry.com editon, we became Viigo's fastest distribution point of all time in Viigo's partner network, driving more downloads of this awesome FREE app than anybody else (we even knocked off the massive established BIG media companies). Let's do it again!! If you have any any other version of Viigo installed, remove it and get going with the latest version below.

Download Viigo 3 (beta 3) CrackBerry.com Edition

* From your computer, click here
    * On your berry, go to Get Viigo

What's new in Viigo Beta 3

Viigo 3 Beta 3 Core Updates

We have implemented the second stage of our memory and performance optimizations in this release. We have reduced the amount of memory used by Viigo, both at run-time and in the data store when the app is closed. We have also made the communications and updating mechanism more robust, equipping it with the ability to self correct when communications timeouts or disruptions occur. Stay tuned for more, as we will be rolling out additional memory and performance improvements in the next release.

We have also added the ability for you to customize your home screen, adding or removing the services you wish. But we have lots more coming here too, as we will shortly allow you to order your home screen to suit your needs.

Viigo Beta 3 New Services

Flights and Travel - Search for flights by route or by flight number, do quick flight status lookups, or build itineraries that will allow Viigo to track the status of these flights automatically.

Kijiji Classifieds - Access to the full Kijiji classifieds service. Select your city, select from the list of categories, and enter your search term and we'll keep a list of matching results up to date for you. You can find this under Local Interest.

Enhanced Sports Service - We have made a number of improvements to the sports service, including a new multi-select sports channel library, and the ability for the application to group multiple feeds for each sport together (i.e. scores, standings, etc.). We have also added new sports, including NCAA football, and have more to come (including English Premiership) in the next few days. We are working on more enhancements here for future releases, including the ability to sort sport scores according to your date preference.

Enhanced Elections Service - We have added a number of polls to the US Elections service , including Senate and Governor races, and have added coverage too for eh upcoming Canadian election.

Stocks and Finance - We have added a number of sector portfolios for those of you who want to keep track of the leading industries in each sector. We have also added a currency exchange rate service, so you can keep track of current rates for the location you're heading to next.

Audio Support - Still to come. Stay Tuned!

Help & Discussion

Use this thread to discuss the new app. Questions, Comments, etc... help each other out! Enjoy!!!
    09-12-08 08:52 AM
    hmm...had a major memory leak with the last beta I tried but maybe I will give it another shot
    09-12-08 09:02 AM
    I loaded the new version yesterday and I think there is more memory loss on this version than on Tango Beta. Memory free space started the day at 20MG and my device deleted most of my old calendar entries when my memory was down at 15MG. I never lost any calendar items with Tango nor did the leak seem this bad or this quick. When I did a soft reset this morning I went back to 20MG again. One hour later I am at 19MG and I did close Viigo when I exited it.
    09-12-08 09:48 AM
    I just spent the last 30 or so minutes with this beta and I have to say, I really like the UI, it is nicer to look at and much faster to navigate.

As for the UI, I think this is a big leap in the right direction. Great work!

Will update as testing continues.
    09-12-08 09:48 AM
    I loaded the new version yesterday and I think there is more memory loss on this version than on Tango Beta. Memory free space started the day at 20MG and my device deleted most of my old calendar entries when my memory was down at 15MG. I never lost any calendar items with Tango nor did the leak seem this bad or this quick. When I did a soft reset this morning I went back to 20MG again. One hour later I am at 19MG and I did close Viigo when I exited it.
    that sounds more like your calendar settings than viigo. no reason to be dropping calendar entries at 15MB of memory unless your device is set to purge at a date sooner than you think it's set to.

i just wish they'd hurry up with the podcast integration and add craigslist to the mix the way they added kijiji... which is about useless.
    09-12-08 09:51 AM
    loving this version so far. I am keeping my eyes on my memory tho.. seems to be going down really fast.. I have no other apps running..
    09-12-08 09:57 AM
    The leak scares me...
    09-12-08 10:19 AM
    so im going to the beta.getviigo.com/crackberry and it takes me to the page but no automatic download starts and i dont see anywhere to click to start one from my bb browser...
    am i missing something here?

using 8310 with 4.5os
    09-12-08 10:53 AM
    scroll down...there's two links at the bottom - start download for normal berries, and start for corporate bes berries.

OH...browser identification/emulation. probably needs to be set to BlackBerry so you get the wap download site. If it's set to IE you might not get the right page.
    09-12-08 10:59 AM
    OH...browser identification/emulation. probably needs to be set to BlackBerry so you get the wap download site. If it's set to IE you might not get the right page.
    that was the problem... got it now

thank you!
    09-12-08 11:02 AM
    that sounds more like your calendar settings than viigo. no reason to be dropping calendar entries at 15MB of memory unless your device is set to purge at a date sooner than you think it's set to.

i just wish they'd hurry up with the podcast integration and add craigslist to the mix the way they added kijiji... which is about useless.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Calendar settings are set to "keep forever". Memory could have been less than 15 as the old calendar entries were all deleted by the time I realized the memory had gotten so low.

09-12-08 11:04 AM
    can someone add (if they're nto already subbed to) the rss feed from Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news. and see if you can actually read the articles? I removed the viigo pre-beta release version from yesterday and installed the CB branded option now and I still can't read the articles from AICN. I see them but when I select or hit the menu then select Open, nothing happens. I'd like to know if this is me specific or something others have a problem with.
    09-12-08 11:05 AM
    Currently im running 2.2.86 on my pearl, I have to selective of what apps i select. After downloading beta 3 can i still go back to 2.2.86 after.

Thank
    09-12-08 11:19 AM
    Question: Viigo requires a data plan for usage, no?

It appears to be a cool application but would it be worthless to us non-data plan BB users?
    09-12-08 11:46 AM
    My roommate is running the new Public beta 3 and I am running the Private beta since i have been testing for them. There is a difference between the two. I noticed it is quicker and does not use up as much memory on my device as before. FYI, if members are having difficulty installing the new beta and you can't put the new one in place of the old one, then delete the application all together and re-install Viigo. Members were having issues downloading the private beta yesterday and this is what i had to do...
    09-12-08 12:08 PM
    Question: Viigo requires a data plan for usage, no?

It appears to be a cool application but would it be worthless to us non-data plan BB users?
    No data plan whats the point? sorry couldn't resist.
    09-12-08 12:11 PM
    Yeah, I'm definitely liking this newer beta version of viigo, as well. The interface is much smoother.

CC
    09-12-08 12:16 PM
    My roommate is running the new Public beta 3 and I am running the Private beta since i have been testing for them. There is a difference between the two. I noticed it is quicker and does not use up as much memory on my device as before. FYI, if members are having difficulty installing the new beta and you can't put the new one in place of the old one, then delete the application all together and re-install Viigo. Members were having issues downloading the private beta yesterday and this is what i had to do...
    I didn't get the private dl'd until today, I think the host was just that busy..
    They said in the release you lose your added feeds, but mine showed up an hour after I signed in..
    I'm liking this more with every new release though...
    Last edited by fonebrkr; 09-12-08 at 04:00 PM.
    09-12-08 03:45 PM
    I didn't get the private dl'd until today, I think the host was just that busy..
    Sux that it didn't save the existing feeds like the last one did.
    So am I. It kept all of my feeds but there is one that I click on and will not open to read stories. In the e-mail they sent us, it said they are going to fix this. For a free app it is the best in news(IMO)...
    09-12-08 04:02 PM
    just downloaded it, never had viigo before. but my question is:

i set up my account and everything and i have gotten the verify e-mail address and i went to the link. so i went back to home > options > account information and it says my e-mail is not validated. then i went to the menu and refreshed my account info and it still says not validated. anywayto fix this?
    09-12-08 10:56 PM
    I spent about 30 minutes to an hour playing with app, and setting it up to my needs, I must say that I really like it!! I just hope that they open up the podcast section soon!

09-12-08 11:04 PM
    I have downloaded this version and all the other beta Tango versions and have deleted them all. Data access with this version is horribly slow and I cannot open feeds to read the full article, it took 2 minutes to add a zip code to the weather portion of the app and it would not even open the location once it was added. I'm a huge fan of the original viigo app its definatey a must have but so far Tango goes into the trash. Just MHO.

And yes I have checked all permissions and settings. I've changed providers and used to have an 8310 and now I have a 8330. The same results with different devices and providers.

It has great potential but it's not there yet.

Also I wish that they would rename this app so you could run it simultaneously with Viigo, that way I would not have to delete it to use the original. I would probably spend more time testing it with it if that were the case.
    Last edited by pegb856; 09-13-08 at 10:37 AM.
    09-13-08 10:34 AM
    I'm not experiencing any of the problems you describe. The new version rocks, IMHO.

09-13-08 04:50 PM
    Well, day two of this beta and still going strong. I have not experenced any memory leaks, this thing seems to be rock solid so far.

09-13-08 06:08 PM
    FYI, if members are having difficulty installing the new beta and you can't put the new one in place of the old one, then delete the application all together and re-install Viigo. Members were having issues downloading the private beta yesterday and this is what i had to do...
    YES!! i downloaded the public beta first and then switched to the private beta. it took a little while to figure this all out (deleting and re-installing etc) but works great now!! (running the private beta)

I didn't get the private dl'd until today, I think the host was just that busy..They said in the release you lose your added feeds, but mine showed up an hour after I signed in..
    the host WAS super busy!! glad you were able to download it tho!!
    i didnt have a problem with my feeds either!!

loving the new beta!!
    09-13-08 06:24 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD