Just downloaded this to try it out, seemed to big of a memory hog before, but now it has some new functionality..... anyone else try it out? What do you think so far?
    06-26-09 01:20 PM
    Also, not sure how NEW this is.... but there is more features for Craigslist now too. Before, my local craigslist was not listed, it is now...
    06-26-09 01:37 PM
    well the first thing i tried to do was add some podcasts by entering the address. when i put in the url, it shows me the podcasts that i can listen to, but doesn't give me the option to subscribe to it. i can subscribe to any podcast that is already in the listings, but there are a lot of podcasts that i listen to that aren't in the listings. has anyone else found a way to subscribe to a podcasts using a custom feed?
    06-26-09 01:45 PM
    yeah, looks like unless it is in their directory, you have to input the URL every time..... bummer, could have been a great feature
    06-26-09 01:53 PM
    06-26-09 02:21 PM
    thanks, adding the feed to my normal rss feed collection worked. it makes the podcast available to listen to under News & RSS, but that's not too big of an issue for me. thanks for the help.
    06-26-09 02:57 PM
    Thanks! Just downloaded....
    06-26-09 04:50 PM
    The crackberry blog about it says they've added support for facebook, but I don't see it anywhere in the social networks channel.

And does anyone know if it's possible to merge my @ replies in twitter on Viigo? I don't like them being seperate from my regular timeline.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 08:38 PM
    The crackberry blog about it says they've added support for facebook, but I don't see it anywhere in the social networks channel.
    I have the same problem, I do not see the canal facebook
    06-27-09 01:25 AM
    Wow. I haven't been using viigo for a while now but decided to give it another shot. Installed and plugged in my old account info. Added my twitter feed. Cheched my file free and panicked a little - down to 2.5 MB from a normal 12. Quickpull got me back to 7 MB. The app looks nice, but I definitely can't afford 5 MB for one app on my pearl.

06-27-09 05:58 AM
    I'm having the same problem with the memory usage. I think I will stick to google reader/pod trapper/uber twitter. All three of these apps use less memory than this one. I see no purpose in downloading articles to my BB when they could just be viewed online and not use any of my resources.
    Viigo is a really nice looking app, but just hogs up too much memory for me.

06-27-09 08:07 AM
    i keep getting a media error when trying to listen to Viigo listed podcasts...

any ideas oh wise crackberry nation!?
    06-27-09 08:08 AM
    I wasn't impressed with viigo unfortunately. There is more work to be done.

06-27-09 10:48 PM
    I use the "lite" version but is has little functionality other than RSS. Does new 3.1 ver "hang" when ad banner is loaded? That drove me nuts before.
    06-28-09 01:07 AM
    I have the same problem, I do not see the canal facebook
    I think the only Facebook integration is the "Post to Facebook" link at the bottom of a RSS feed item.
    06-28-09 01:23 AM
    I think the only Facebook integration is the "Post to Facebook" link at the bottom of a RSS feed item.
    Yeah, I think you're right, which is disappointing. The facebook app sucks, I was hoping using it with Viigo would be better.

Has anyone figured out if it's possible to merge my @ replies into my friends' timeline with the twitter service?

06-28-09 12:27 PM
    I've been using Viigo since its infancy. I'm not using it for Facebook access (I use the FB 1.6 app at the moment, which works well on my 8900), so I can't comment about that feature on Viigo. However most of my experiences have been very positive with Viigo -- my favoirte RSS reader (having tried the others as well), and I find the new podcast feature excellent so far. I have to experiment more with adding custom podcast sources, but so far, this is working really well. Great to see the product evolving like this!

- Jon
    06-28-09 05:34 PM
    I use the FB 1.6 app at the moment, which works well on my 8900
    You can't honestly mean this. It's a disgustingly incomplete app that barely allows you to do any of the actual website's functions. Why you would you make such a blatantly and clearly untrue statement?

06-28-09 06:04 PM
    You can't honestly mean this. It's a disgustingly incomplete app that barely allows you to do any of the actual website's functions. Why you would you make such a blatantly and clearly untrue statement?
    Wow. A bit intense, don't you think?

I'm probably more of a lightweight FB user than many, and I also spend a lot of time at a PC each day, so I can handle any of the more involved FB tasks there. For my purposes, a lightweight mobile FB app is great. I see status updates, invites, posts to threads, and messages, and I can upload photos from my 8900, and tag them in the process, easily.

I appreciate the fact that the app is light, integrates with other Blackberry applications (e.g., messaging / calendar / address book) if I like, and doesn't seem to use much of the resources or battery at all. To date, I haven't seen it hang or slow down my 8900, and its functionality just happens to cover what I'd want in a mobile version of FB.

So far I've found that mobile apps that try to do everything wind up being slow, unwieldy resource hogs with overly complex user interfaces. "Yahoo! Go" is a perfect example: the first version was pretty nice, even though it had a couple of features I didn't care about - but couldn't disable. The next version had more crammed into it with the result being that it had become far larger and slower, ate system resources, and the user interface had become so convoluted that it had just become unpleasant to deal with. As appealing as it looked at a distance, it had become unusable for me, and I deleted it and haven't looked back. If that happens to FB mobile, I'll wind up deleting that too, and simply forget about using FB on the blackberry and leave it for those times I'm at a PC.

Sorry if you find that "blatantly and clearly untrue" -- but the reality is that you and I apparently have different expectations of the app. I would rather see it stay lean and unobtrusive, and continue to be quick, simple and reliable. My experience to date with 1.6 has been that it seems to work well, integrates well with the Blackberry, and doesn't put a strain on the system - and it does what I want a mobile FB app to do. No doubt others have different expectations of a mobile FB app - but this is the "blatant and clear" truth for me.
    06-28-09 10:27 PM
    I'm not saying that each and every function available on the website should be available on the app, but it should have an equally clear view of my wall, which is currently lacks, splitting other people's status updates from my own and other things like that. It should allow me to view other people's walls, not just write on them. It should allow me to view my inbox, not just send messages. etc, etc. These are all pretty basic functions of the website, and for the app to not have a means by which they can be done is nothing other than a failure of those that put the app together.

06-29-09 12:01 AM
    Is anyone else unable to post articles to twitter w/ this update? Every time I try, I get an "error occured" pop up. I've uninstalled it twice AND checked for past modules. There's NOTHING on their site and they're not exactly quick abt getting back to me w/ help.

07-22-09 05:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD