I've had my Bold 9000 about 2 months. I D/L alot of apps and themes to try out and eventually delete those I don't like or use. Up until a few days ago, my available memory has never gotten past 22 or 23 MB. I think it should be higher, but I've never gotten it there. The added problem is that the memory keeps leaking and, even when it's just sitting around doing nothing, the memory keeps dropping and my Quick Pull kicks in because the memory sinks below 11 or 12 (where I have it set to run Quick Pull (BTW, I pretty much see the same results from a Quick Pull and a battery pull). My question is, is there some way I can see just how much memory a particular app or theme is using? Then, hopefully, I can delete the memory raping app or theme. Right now, I have 3 or 4 themes installed and a fairly reasonable number of apps. Thanks for any help I can get.
    02-12-10 10:13 AM
    There is a way to view an applications size.

Options / Advanced / Applications. Menu / Modules.

Highlight the Application, Menu / View Properties.

Quick Pull kicks in because the memory sinks below 11 or 12 ...
    Check the setting at Media / Options. Set Device Memory Limit to the lowest available setting. I belive it defaults to 12 Mb and there is a 5 Mb setting.

That should also be your lower limit for Quickpull.

20+ Mb free after a restart is fine. It is normal for your BlackBerry to use 10+ Mb in normal operation. That memory is constantly being recycled.
    02-12-10 10:23 AM
    Thanks, Reed. I may not understand your reply, but the info I would get from that would be the space the app takes up. I have plenty of space (have an 8GB memory card). What I'd like to find out is how much memory the app takes up either when it runs or just by being installed. Forgive me if I didn't understand your first post. Thanks.
    02-12-10 11:51 AM
    Also, you should be deleting your log � home screen � alt "lglg" � menu � clear log.

And open your browser � menu � cache option � and clear all the caches. One you exit out it will run the memory cleaner.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-10 12:31 PM
    Thanks, Reed. I may not understand your reply, but the info I would get from that would be the space the app takes up. I have plenty of space (have an 8GB memory card). What I'd like to find out is how much memory the app takes up either when it runs or just by being installed. Forgive me if I didn't understand your first post. Thanks.

We are only concerned with your device memory, you can not install programs files on the media card.

The information above is what you are looking for. When you View Properties of a selected module, you are seeing the exact amount of memory that module uses.

Most apps are a single module, some can have multiple modules requiring multiple views and adding them together.

I am not a fan of deleting the internal log files. They are 2 Kb in size and will be immediately recreated for a net gain of zero.

02-12-10 12:39 PM
    Ah! I think I understand it now. Thanks.
    02-12-10 01:25 PM
    I finally deleted all extra downloaded app when I upgraded and only have Crackberry Launcher. You could use process of elimination. I understand QUick Pull convenience but that is an app using memory as well. You don't need it. You can use left alt, right shift, delete all at same time to restart your berry so you don't have to physically pull bat. Its all I use.
    2 cents

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-10 12:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD