Is anyone besides me interested in a video ringtone app aka "watchtone" app for the blackberries?
    03-29-09 01:30 AM
    Sounds cool

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 11:27 AM
    no ... i never saw the need for one by the time you finish the vid they probally hung up already unless its a fifteen sec or less one.
    03-29-09 11:29 AM
    LMFAO nah not a whole actual "music video" just a video of wutever you would liuke to see when that person calls. Length is to each his own.
    03-29-09 09:24 PM
    yea that sounds sicc!
    03-29-09 10:20 PM
    Did you just make that up?
    Or this just like another iphone app?
    03-29-09 10:26 PM
    I don't know if it works on all versions but I know it works on .109.

If you have a .mp4 formatted video and go into the media app, press menu, select explore, (locate the file), rename the file to *.mp3 you have to acknowledge the warning message it will then show up in your music list within media you can highlight it and press menu and select set a ringtone
    03-30-09 01:11 PM
    Did you just make that up?
    Or this just like another iphone app?

I had that Nokia 5300 a few years back that did it. I actually was just playing around and did it on accident. I hadnt seen a phone that could do that yet. But wut would be a better phone for that than the crowned Blackberry?...Iphone? I know nuthing about them. Dont want to either!
    03-30-09 02:13 PM
    Why is it that people keep using an exclamation point in titles that are about app requests? I know you are excited, but it should be mandatory that a "!" can only be used when announcing an app that is already out and for all requests a "?" should be used.

03-30-09 03:34 PM
    Dudes its only a exclamation point! Never knew they would cause ppl to have cows lol. Nevertheless, it would def be a great app. I already know about a thousand ppl who'd use it.
    04-03-09 12:59 AM
    Ive seen this on a samsung slider before, it would let you record vidoes and put them so if someone would call you would see that video, I think this would be cool for the storm.
    04-03-09 01:16 AM
    Answering a call is already pretty laggy. I couldn't imagine trying to answer a call while a video is playing.
    04-03-09 02:11 AM
    Would be a cool app but i think the novilty would wear off fast. Whats the point when the storms always in a holster

Just a thought.
    04-03-09 02:57 AM
    I already use videos for some ringtones it doesn't lag any more than normal but the novelty does wear off quickly though for the first week i missed a couple of calls watching the video

04-03-09 10:18 AM
    pretty lame...

and top of the morning to you!
    04-03-09 10:35 AM
    My old lG Chocolate could do this, actually. You could set an actual video that you have on the phone as a ringtone, it was pretty cool.
    04-04-09 12:48 PM
    My old lG Chocolate could do this, actually. You could set an actual video that you have on the phone as a ringtone, it was pretty cool.
    Yeah, I was just gonna say this. Also, I agree with the person on using ! and ? It just confuses less people. I have been falsely excited by this kind of thing before, all because of how the title ends. Anyways, I would like something like this. Wonder if an animated gif works for the storm. Worked on my chocolate as well.

04-04-09 01:40 PM
    Answering a call is already pretty laggy. I couldn't imagine trying to answer a call while a video is playing.
    I was thinking the same thing. More than a few times I took my phone out of the holster to answer it and the screen goes white and freezes. The calback after that really sucks..."No, honest, my phone froze!"
    04-04-09 08:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD