Hi all. I've been searching the forums, and can't find this, so apologies in advance if this has been beaten to death.

In my pre-smart phone days (when I carried an iPAQ), I had a free app that played any video format; mp4, wmv, mpg, etc. Are there any apps for the Storm that do the same thing? I don't want to go through the hassle of using a converter; I'm talking short movies, things that my daughter sends me, etc, not regular Hollywood-type movies, so I don't want to do a conversion. Obviously, free is best, but as long as it doesn't cost $50 AND IT'S STABLE, I'd be interested.
    02-26-09 09:45 AM
    your storm will play these formats in its media player. I am not aware of any other media players as of yet.

Video format support: MPEG4 H.263, MPEG4 Part 2 Simple Profile, H.264, WMV
    Audio format support: MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA, WMA ProPlus
    02-26-09 10:09 AM
    That's what I thought, but every time I try to play a .mpg file I get an "unsupported format" error, and whenever I try to play a .wmv file, I get an message telling me there was an error encountered trying to play the file. I know the files are good, because I can remove the micro-SD card, and they play on my laptop fine.

I DID get one of the .wmv files to play after a battery pull, but it was really jerky. Is there something I'm missing, or something else I need to do?
    02-26-09 10:43 AM
    I've had .wmv files play horrible on different devices and platforms. I think you're talking about TCPMP, worked well, but it was packed with codecs and support for almost any file type. I wish they made CorePlayer for my Storm.
    02-26-09 11:07 AM
    That's it -TCPMP. Nothing like this for the Storm? Or am I doing something wrong that these files won't play correctly?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by oldblue; 02-26-09 at 11:20 AM.
    02-26-09 11:18 AM
    It's just the abilities of the Storm. But compared to most devices, this one plays much better file types.
    02-26-09 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD