Os6 is NOT WORKING !!
    "BlackBerry OS 6 has several technical limitations.
    Therefore, free calls are available for BlackBerry OS 5 & BlackBerry OS 7 only."

Strange VOIP is working normal with os6 !!
    04-10-13 10:03 AM
    Well it's good news for older models and as a loyal blackberry user I have the z10 and now there's no viber,
    No updates as to when bb10 versions are coming viber team?

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 10:53 AM
    BBOS5 and BBOS7 only for now?

BBOS6 has limitations? i doubt it.

What's the real problem, please explain!?
    04-10-13 11:11 AM
    I tried it with os5 device, it work but so very bad, only with wifi I connected with other bb who also connected with wifi, after calling it ring and ring and nothing happend, after 7 x calling the other person recveived the call.
    Whe are talking for 1 minute and my bb resets his self.
    This app is for sure in BETA stage, and my 3G is working fine I can stream and call with voip by 3G, but viber in 3G did not work.
    04-10-13 12:35 PM
    Viber should be fully supporting BIS (and also 3G and WiFi).
    Is this not the case? Do many users here experience this problem?

What error message are you getting when trying to use Viber on BIS?
    04-10-13 02:27 PM
    The chat part is working with BIS but the voice part is using TCP part there for it need apn set, I use streaming apps (radio app) that no need apn set and works great b BIS.
    When I use 3G and make a call it give me a network error.
    M network support all and is open for complete.
    Also after a batt pull now it ask me to activate again but without luck, viber only can activate 2x and need to wait 24 hour, this is writen at your site.
    Now don't sent me activacion code and voice code give's me error and tell's me to wait 24 hour.
    What I told you 1x 1minute called with wifi after this my bb reset and now can not activate till tommorow.
    04-10-13 03:20 PM
    Other question ? What is your problem with os6, bbm voice is working fine at os6, the same with voip app, so why do you people have problems to port it to os6 ???
    04-10-13 03:26 PM
    I'm curious about which kind of limitations OS6 has. Is it possible to answer that?
    04-10-13 04:42 PM
    Viber seems to be working on the OS7 devices in my house (a 9900 and a 9810). Is the Facebook integration working for anybody? I connected Viber to my account but when I try to post a photo to Facebook it says it cannot connect.
    04-11-13 12:37 AM
    Voice calls using Wifi and 3G on Viber beta 2.4 is working now on my 9900.

At first, I couldn't call using 3G as an error message popped up stating 'network error'. After reading Viber's guidance on APN settings, I looked up on my carrier's website for APN settings and used the given settings on the phone. I now could call others on Viber using 3G.

Many thanks Viber for providing voip for BlackBerry. I do appreciate all the hard work that went into this project.
    04-11-13 04:03 AM
    @delfteo -
    As we wrote on our website, you will need to contact your cellular provider in order to change your APN settings. This is something we (Viber) cannot control or help unfortunately

@delfteo & @symbotier -
    We tried our best to incorporate our call service on OS6, but it was unfortunately impossible. We wouldn't want to get into the smallest technical details, but as you can probably understand, it was also a great interest of us to bring our calls to all OS version out there.
    We will still be examining new ways to do that, and if we have news we'll let you know.

@The Selected Fruit -
    It's a great pleasure for us to hear this, and we hope you'll continue to enjoy our service
    04-12-13 03:32 PM
    @delfteo -
    As we wrote on our website, you will need to contact your cellular provider in order to change your APN settings. This is something we (Viber) cannot control or help unfortunately

@delfteo & @symbotier -
    We tried our best to incorporate our call service on OS6, but it was unfortunately impossible. We wouldn't want to get into the smallest technical details, but as you can probably understand, it was also a great interest of us to bring our calls to all OS version out there.
    We will still be examining new ways to do that, and if we have news we'll let you know.

@The Selected Fruit -
    It's a great pleasure for us to hear this, and we hope you'll continue to enjoy our service
    please do get technical with us as we would like to know what EXACTLY is the issue with OS6

Sent from my CrackBerry 9780 using CB Forums App
    04-16-13 12:41 PM
    @delfteo -

@delfteo & @symbotier -

@The Selected Fruit -
    Great job on the older BBOS but please give us a time frame better than "soon" regarding when we are seeing Viber on BB10, you said April and we are past the middle of April now, come on already!! You said it would take less time to develop for BB10 than the older BBOS. Hurry up already.
    Tommy legend likes this.
    04-16-13 01:04 PM
    @anthonemorris -
    We prefer some technical details of Viber itself not to be disclosed. Believe us, it is naturally also a great interest of ours to bring our voice service to OS6 users. We will keep trying to look into it, and if we have developments, we'll let you know.

@EmmlBotchway1 -
    Let's keep the discussion polite please
    We never specified a release date for BB10 (so saying that we promised April for our BB10 app is simply wrong). To avoid disappointment from our users, we prefer not publishing release dates as of yet. We are working vigorously on having our BB10 app ready as soon as possible.

We ask for just a bit more patience please.
    Tommy legend likes this.
    04-17-13 10:45 AM
    @anthonemorris -
    We prefer some technical details of Viber itself not to be disclosed. Believe us, it is naturally also a great interest of ours to bring our voice service to OS6 users. We will keep trying to look into it, and if we have developments, we'll let you know.

@EmmlBotchway1 -
    We never specified a release date for BB10 (so saying that we promised April for our BB10 app is simply wrong). To avoid disappointment from our users, we prefer not publishing release dates as of yet. We are working vigorously on having our BB10 app ready as soon as possible.

People are only asking because it's a great application I for one will be patient but as a die hard blackberry user moving from the torch to the z10 all I want is viber to keep in touch with the people I used to be in contact with.
    What you guys have already achieved with this is amazing and I look forward to using viber again
    Thanks again for keeping us updated.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 11:00 AM
    @anthonemorris -

@EmmlBotchway1 -

Please forgive me if I sounded impolite it was not my intention with the post, am also sorry if I read the time frame for legacy BBOS wrongly and attributed it to BB10. I was just expressing my frustration on the whole "wait game." Kindly note that your work so far on the legacy BBOS is much appreciated, at least by me and I await for your app to land on BB10(hopefully having support for Q10 also). Thanks. Hope my apology is accepted.
    Tommy legend and Viber like this.
    04-17-13 11:22 AM
    Test out viber here!!

Viber for BlackBerry - Free calls and Free messages on blackberry (this is the ota link - phone browser link)
    anon(5869815) likes this.
    04-19-13 05:36 PM
    I believe it was said that we would have the Calling Feature ready for use on the Blackberry Bold 9900 by April its April 28th 2013 and yet no sign of the calling feature. When do u propose to have it go live ?
    04-28-13 04:00 AM
    Link not working...

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 08:21 AM
    It downloads a had file

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 08:23 AM
    Jad

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 08:24 AM
    @Suraj Siraj and @Hedi Regaya -

Our new version (beta) with the calls is already available for more than a week now. It can be found here: Viber for BlackBerry - Free calls and Free messages on blackberry
    04-28-13 03:05 PM
    the beta is super. I had it over a week now, and I did some calls on wifi. It works very well.

why don't you release this beta on bb world?

also some issues I had:
    - no vibration
    - no settings for the ringer volume
    - I need to unlock my phone with my password to answer the call.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-28-13 04:52 PM
    Hi when I click the download button nothing happens it asks me to save a jar file

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 07:54 PM
    @assk -

Thanks for the kind words. We're thrilled to hear you're enjoying it!
    Viber 2.4 will arrive in AppWorld.... well, very soon

All of the feature requests you mentioned are actually planned. We'll incorporate them into Viber as we release newer and newer versions.
    04-29-13 10:59 AM
75 123