Does anyone know when this will be available? Or whether there is any other similar VOIP app for the blackberry?

The lack of something like Viber / Skype on the Blackberry at the moment is a potentially turning into a deal breaker for me and would be the only reason why I would switch to an Android device, unless someone can recommend a solution?

Thanks.
    03-01-12 05:58 PM
    Hi,
    This is a member of the Viber Development Team!

You will be pleased to know that Viber for Blackberry is coming soon!
    We will be announcing its publication within the following weeks.
    Please stay tuned for features, system requirements, and release dates

If you have any question about Viber - please feel free to ask.

Thank you,
    Viber Team.
    03-14-12 08:41 AM
    WTF is Viber?
    03-14-12 08:46 AM
    WTF is Viber?
    Viber is the boss!
    03-14-12 04:22 PM
    WTF is Viber?
    Yes, what is Viber | Free calls, free voip, free phone calls from iPhone and Android ? I am in Canada and it looks like a VOIP system just like Skype. What makes it special?
    03-14-12 09:31 PM
    This is great news! Looking forward to Viber for BB! I use it on my iPod all the time to make international calls.

I've never used Skype on my iPod but Viber is really good IMO, very clear connections. No need for IDs or usernames since you register using your mobile number. It uses your phone book to auto detect Viber users in your list just like how Whatsapp works. You can also use the app to send text messages. The rest of my family are iPhone users located in other countries so this app has been a money saver for me.
    03-15-12 07:49 PM
    Hi,

Thank you,
    Viber Team.
    That's awesome news. I know you are inundated with messages on twitter asking for a release date for blackberry...and now that I know it's only a few weeks away I'll be sticking with the berry for sure
    03-16-12 01:54 AM
    Hi,

Thank you,
    Viber Team.
    I am really waiting for Viber to be available for Blackberry as soon as possible. It's been a while since I stopped searching about application for free voice calls, but I have found none.

I am so happy that soon I am going to call my friends for free from my Blackberry...

Furthermore, my cousin is in China, and I want to talk to him more often, so Viber will help me be in touch with him more often ..

Thanks to Viber,,
    03-16-12 12:57 PM
    Folks,

Finally!!!!! Viber is looking for BB beta testers.
    To register, copy this link: eepurl.com/jQndT

Download link to follow in a few days. I'm anxious to get it installed on my 9860.

Enjoy
    evil.bunny and dogidog like this.
    03-18-12 01:01 PM
    Folks,

Download link to follow in a few days. I'm anxious to get it installed on my 9860.

Enjoy
    Awesome. Woohoo!!
    03-18-12 01:07 PM
    Any news about realese for blackberry?
    03-18-12 08:18 PM
    Folks,

Enjoy
    Great! Signed up. I hope it's available for OS5 and not later dropped like they did with Foodspotting.
    03-18-12 09:42 PM
    Great news! Subbed!
    03-19-12 12:11 AM
    Hi,

Thank you,
    Viber Team.
    Hi any update on this? Is it RIM that's holding back on releasing the app? Or is it still in development? I know a lot of people have been waiting a long time for viber (just search viber + blackberry on twitter) - I think we would just appreciate any news on potential release dates, as at the moment there is no information available other than 'coming soon', which has been listed on your website for the longest time.
    03-28-12 04:37 PM
    If you browse CB as a addict like me, you know there is a thread with all your answers.
    Viper is coming soon !!

Enjoy DelftEo
    03-28-12 08:11 PM
    Thank you addict.
    03-29-12 03:21 AM
    Hi any update on this? Is it RIM that's holding back on releasing the app? Or is it still in development? I know a lot of people have been waiting a long time for viber (just search viber + blackberry on twitter) - I think we would just appreciate any news on potential release dates, as at the moment there is no information available other than 'coming soon', which has been listed on your website for the longest time.
    We are working around the clock to complete it as soon as possible. You have to remember - it is also in our great interest to release it as soon as we can, but we also want to make sure we don't release a half-baked product to our users.

As I mentioned, we are now at the last stages of beta testing. Once that phase is done, we will send it to RIM's review and approval, after which the app will finally be officially released to AppWorld
    03-29-12 10:25 AM
    Can't wait to see this app up and running for Blackberry devices!
    03-29-12 10:48 AM
    @Viber, The app you are planning for Blackberry, would it support Playbook also?
    04-04-12 12:48 PM
    @Viber, The app you are planning for Blackberry, would it support Playbook also?
    At this stage Viber for Blackberry cellular devices only is under development - we will not be providing official support for Playbooks.
    Supporting Playbooks is something we are considering for the future, so I recommend that you stay tuned for news and updates
    04-05-12 09:29 AM
    so when can we expect this app! give us some solid date/month. Stop the guessing game for us.
    04-07-12 07:50 AM
    Just signed up! I wish they'll send me the link to be a beta tester!
    04-08-12 03:05 PM
    @Red_Virus -
    We really can't give an exact date (we wish we had ones ourselves).

As we explained, the beta phase is about to be over very soon, and then we will deliver the app for RIM's final review. Once that's over, Viber should be officially released to AppWorld.

We apologize for the delay, and rest assured that it is also in our huge interest to release it ASAP.
    04-08-12 03:54 PM
    Did anyone get the link to download the beta tester version? I and other people, in Italy, didn't get anything. Plus the BB section has been removed from the Viber site. What's going on? Will we ever see Viber working on a BlackBerry device? Who knows.
    04-20-12 02:34 AM
    Any updates from the Viber team? or is this launching along with BB10?
    04-21-12 06:59 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD