Hey everyone,

Ever since Viber got updated to 3.0, its been a huge resource hog. Whenever I look at BBDA, Viber is always on the top of the list of cpu use by a long way. Usually 10-20%. Anyone else having the same problem?
    08-14-13 03:06 PM
    More of a skype guy here. And of course on BB10 we can't use Viper yet.
    08-14-13 09:03 PM
    same thing. Viber drain battery very quicky, while being used very rarely.

Hope they will fix it in final release

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-15-13 05:46 AM
    Is the viber 3.0 for BBOS available in BBworld?

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 04:44 AM
    Is the viber 3.0 for BBOS available in BBworld?

Posted via CB10
    Yes it is.

I've been watching it with BBDA, and it's keeping my cpu at 40-60% constantly and draining the battery very quickly.
    Please fix this, Viber!
    08-18-13 10:27 AM
    Yes it is.

I've been watching it with BBDA, and it's keeping my cpu at 40-60% constantly and draining the battery very quickly.
    Please fix this, Viber!
    My 9900 can't find the update!

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 09:07 AM
    Hi,
    This is an official representative from Viber

Please make sure that Viber is the cause for the battery drain by isolating Viber (having no other apps running) on a device with stock settings (factory settings).

We conduct strict testing's in our labs with devices, and other than when making a call (when it is natural for the battery to be used), we did not come across any significant battery drain when Viber was simply idling in the background. Furthermore, over the course of over 15 hours, on average the battery usage was only a few %'s

You can find additional information on tests performed by independent Viber users themselves, which show similar results, at: http://whrl.pl/Rc0APn
    Meanwhile, know that are continuously working to reduce Viber's battery consumption.

For more questions or technical support, please visit our official HelpDesk.
    Viber Team
    08-20-13 03:43 AM
    Thank you for replying Viber,
    I have since deleted the app and my battery drain and cpu usage has returned to normal. 1-3%/hr and 5-10% cpu. Not sure what is causeing the problem. I guess I'll hold out untill the next update. But its a shame because I really like your app and a lot of my friends use it. I still use the desktop application for windows, though.
    08-20-13 09:57 AM
    Thank you for replying Viber,
    I have since deleted the app and my battery drain and cpu usage has returned to normal. 1-3%/hr and 5-10% cpu. Not sure what is causeing the problem. I guess I'll hold out untill the next update. But its a shame because I really like your app and a lot of my friends use it. I still use the desktop application for windows, though.
    Thanks for the details.

We would appreciate if you could take a minute and report the details to our support team using this direct link: Your ticket details (when you submit the ticket, please make sure to specify the link to this page in the approapriate place in the form, for monitoring purposes). With this information, our development team will hopefully be able to find the source of the problem, and ultimately resolve it.

Thanks in advance
    08-20-13 10:08 AM
    Thanks for the details.

We would appreciate if you could take a minute and report the details to our support team using this direct link: Your ticket details (when you submit the ticket, please make sure to specify the link to this page in the approapriate place in the form, for monitoring purposes). With this information, our development team will hopefully be able to find the source of the problem, and ultimately resolve it.

Thanks in advance
    Done

I'll keep my eyes peeled for an update to Viber that might hopefully resolve the issue, thanks.
    Viber likes this.
    08-20-13 12:40 PM