As many of you have seen me lurking around and posting (though rather infrequently), I'm looking at getting the BB Bold 9930 in the near future. My Mum is actually due for an upgrade, has decided she wanted a smartphone and is taking the plunge for a Bold 9930 too.

There are a few apps that I use regularly on my iPhone and I was hoping that some of you might be able to tell me if they are working on the Bold yet with OS 7. If the majority aren't working, this could be a deal breaker for me returning to BB. I'm assuming no one uses all of these apps, but if you do use one of the apps listed below and could let me know if it works, I'd appreciate it (I thought I saw a post on this board about compatible apps but I couldn't find it just now)...

**Still need compatibility on bolded apps.

Four Square - yes
    LinkedIn
    PNC Bank (Updated: To get started go to pnc.com from your mobile browser and, if you have a compatible device, look for the Mobile App download button.)
    Starbucks Mobile Card
    Poynt - yes
    Score Mobile - yes
    Evernote - yes
    Kindle
    My Verizon - yes
    Open Table - yes
    Flixster - yes
    Urban Spoon - no
    Amazon
    Drop Box - yes
    Google (search, maps and Gmail) - yes
    Comcast Xfinity - no, major compatibility issues - steer clear for now
    TV Guide - apparently this has been discontinued for BlackBerry

Thanks everyone!

PS - I'll periodically check back and repost the list with compatibility!
    Last edited by BlackberryBookWorm; 09-16-11 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Updated list of apps with compatibility - TV Guide
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-15-11 04:13 PM
    As many of you have seen me lurking around and posting (though rather infrequently), I'm looking at getting the BB Bold 9930 in the near future. My Mum is actually due for an upgrade, has decided she wanted a smartphone and is taking the plunge for a Bold 9930 too.

There are a few apps that I use regularly on my iPhone and I was hoping that some of you might be able to tell me if they are working on the Bold yet with OS 7. If the majority aren't working, this could be a deal breaker for me returning to BB. I'm assuming no one uses all of these apps, but if you do use one of the apps listed below and could let me know if it works, I'd appreciate it (I thought I saw a post on this board about compatible apps but I couldn't find it just now)...

Four Square
    Linked In
    PNC Bank (if you go to their mobile site, it will tell you if your device is compatible)
    Starbucks Mobile Card
    Poynt
    Score Mobile
    Evernote
    Kindle
    My Verizon
    Open Table
    Flixster
    Urban Spoon
    Amazon
    Drop Box
    IMDB
    Google
    Comcast Xfinity
    TV Guide

Thanks everyone!

PS - I'll periodically check back and repost the list with compatibility!
    Four Square - yes
    Linked In - don't use
    PNC Bank (if you go to their mobile site, it will tell you if your device is compatible) - went to the site nothing happened.... kept taking me to the full site.
    Starbucks Mobile Card - don't use
    Poynt - yes
    Score Mobile - yes
    Evernote - yes
    Kindle- don't use
    My Verizon- on t-mobile
    Open Table - yes (don't use it though)
    Flixster - yes
    Urban Spoon - no (not yet)
    Amazon- don't use it/don't know
    Drop Box - yes
    IMDB - they have an app?
    Google- not sure what you are talking about? but google maps works among other google apps
    Comcast Xfinity - don't have comcast
    TV Guide- don't know/ don't use

hope that helps
    iLive an iLife likes this.
    09-15-11 05:24 PM
    Xfinity is supposed to be available now. It is not showing up in my app world though. Maybe its only on OS 6 devises.
    iLive an iLife likes this.
    09-15-11 06:38 PM
    Thanks for the responses so far!

***Updated list***
    Still need to know if the bolded apps work!

Four Square - yes
    LinkedIn
    PNC Bank (Updated: To get started go to pnc.com from your mobile browser and, if you have a compatible device, look for the Mobile App download button.)
    Starbucks Mobile Card
    Poynt - yes
    Score Mobile - yes
    Evernote - yes
    Kindle
    My Verizon
    Open Table - yes
    Flixster - yes
    Urban Spoon - no
    Amazon
    Drop Box - yes
    Google (search, maps and Gmail) - yes
    Comcast Xfinity
    TV Guide
    09-15-11 08:23 PM
    DO NOT USE THE XFINITY APP ON THE 9900/9930!!! IT HAS BRICKED MY 9930 AS WELL AS MANY OTHER MEMBERS PHONES. IF YOU THINK I'm FULL OF IT ... DL THE APP AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS .... BUT TAKE MY WORD FOR FOR IT - XFINITY IS DEADLY TO THE 9930 AT THIS POINT. THEY NEED TO UPDATE IT ASAP!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-11 12:34 AM
    MyVerizon - yes
    09-16-11 06:59 AM
    Hey Blackberry Bookworm,

Thanks for thinking of us. We are very happy to say that we are compatible on all the new Blackberry OS7 Smartphones.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to let us through the feedback button in the app.

chelsea@poynt

PS: We are about to reach our 10 Millionth unique user - tell all your friends to download Poynt for a chance to win a 2000 dollar travel voucher! Check out Facebook.com/Poynt for details!
    09-16-11 12:22 PM
    Hey Blackberry Bookworm,

Thanks for thinking of us. We are very happy to say that we are compatible on all the new Blackberry OS7 Smartphones.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to let us through the feedback button in the app.

chelsea@poynt

PS: We are about to reach our 10 Millionth unique user - tell all your friends to download Poynt for a chance to win a 2000 dollar travel voucher! Check out Facebook.com/Poynt for details!
    Chelsea, Poynt has been one of my favorites for years, going all the way back to my 8330! Great application!! Thanks for stopping by to let me know that Poynt is compatible!!
    09-16-11 12:33 PM
    I emailed Comcast about an updated Xfinity app. Could someone check PNC to see if their app works? These are the 2 potential deal breakers for me (I check my bank account and set my DVR constantly with me phone)!
    09-16-11 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD