I dont have data plan anymore, but Im gonna keep using my Blackberry Torch as a secondary phone. But latest versions of T & F apps dont work over wifi, so where can I find ones that work without data plan?
    07-14-12 03:58 PM
    bump, please
    07-15-12 05:29 AM
    Facebook never worked over wifi without bis. Time to start saving that dosh
    07-15-12 06:10 AM
    Misho, you can use the browser to go to facebook.com and the same with twitter.com. That should work fine over wifi.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    07-15-12 06:25 AM
    Facebook v. 1.6 will work with WiFi and without a BIS plan.
    07-19-12 09:46 PM
    Socialscope!
    07-19-12 11:09 PM
    I was always able to use Facebook and Twitter on wifi when i didnt have a data plan, and I just got my data plan 1 month ago.. Same with my dad. I hear people experiencing these problems with no data plan, but honestly, it has never affected me. I dont know if its a carrier thing, but I dont see why it shouldn't work over just wifi. I was able to fully use 90% of apps when i didn't have my data plan.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using CrackBerry Forums App/Tapatalk
    07-19-12 11:30 PM
    I was always able to use Facebook and Twitter on wifi when i didnt have a data plan, and I just got my data plan 1 month ago.. Same with my dad. I hear people experiencing these problems with no data plan, but honestly, it has never affected me. I dont know if its a carrier thing, but I dont see why it shouldn't work over just wifi. I was able to fully use 90% of apps when i didn't have my data plan.
    You have an old phone. RIM have closed the loophole and made it more difficult with each new wave of devices. It's almost impossible now with OS7... as it should be! Why should some be able to enjoy the same services for free that others have to pay for?
    07-20-12 12:18 AM
    I have a torch 9800 without bis anymore and everything works fine and facebook and twitter (the latest versions) and for chat you can use also imo messanger it has all in one (msn facebook google talk skype and more) and its free

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    07-20-12 04:58 AM
    You have an old phone. RIM have closed the loophole and made it more difficult with each new wave of devices. It's almost impossible now with OS7... as it should be! Why should some be able to enjoy the same services for free that others have to pay for?
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hang on a sec here. The correct question is Why should anyone have to pay for service / connection service to a provider , when it is available else where? in this instance over a WiFi connection.

I have a Data plan on my BB and I pay for it; but when at my home, the coverage is Pi$$ poor; so I connect over my Home WiFI Wireless router hard wired thru my local land line company and ISP (Which I also Pay for.) or when at work, or in an Airport or in my hotel while traveling, I use the feature I Paid for in my device to connect via WiFi and reduce my costs.

Sorry to jump in, it just struck me that WiFi connectivity is a valuable Option, a great option..
    using it is not about being a "Cheap Charlie".. It is about using the tools you purchased wisely ... but then again, I am an old Fart, so.....

Cheers
    gb
    07-20-12 09:08 AM
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hang on a sec here. The correct question is Why should anyone have to pay for service / connection service to a provider , when it is available else where? in this instance over a WiFi connection.
    I totally agree... but I wasn't responding to that question.

The OP is trying to run native apps over wifi without a data plan, ie something for nothing, hence my reply.
    07-20-12 12:34 PM
    I dont have data plan anymore, but Im gonna keep using my Blackberry Torch as a secondary phone. But latest versions of T & F apps dont work over wifi, so where can I find ones that work without data plan?
    I don't have a data plan either, but I got them to work. U can download twitter from your browser. Search "download twitter blackberry" I had the option to download from app world, or without app world. Click without app world, that way you could use it. That's what I did
    07-20-12 12:43 PM
    I totally agree... but I wasn't responding to that question.

The OP is trying to run native apps over wifi without a data plan, ie something for nothing, hence my reply.
    Apologizes..
    07-20-12 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD