To those of you who make us our favorite apps i would like to invite you to submit them to verizon for their app store. grand prize gets 50,000 bucks as well as 200% profit on ur app the first year as well as other goodies, peoples choice gets 25 grand and 100% profit and then the 5 catagory winners get 10 grand and a new verizon phone worth at most 500 bucks as well as a 2000 gift card for vzw.

for more info and to find out how to register go here
    Verizon Developer Network

the contest starts august 14, happy app building!
    Last edited by bdube; 07-28-09 at 10:50 PM.
    07-28-09 10:14 PM
    looks like they already closed registration! lol

not that im a devoloper just was checking it ou
    07-28-09 10:22 PM
    Oooo. I'm definitely going to try this... My little app would never win of course but it does sound cool.

Actually, I'm kinda surprised Verizon of all people are doing this. H*ll, seeing their "Verizon Developer Network" website and how it's encouraging an open sort-of community for people who want to develop apps for them is more than a little odd, considering how they've always been about locking down phones, forcing devs to apply for BREW SDK kits and screwing both customers and developers with GIN. Interesting.
    07-28-09 10:48 PM
    thats for the conferance i posted that site cuz it had a link to the page since the actually page was done...now that it is back here is the real link Verizon Developer Network
    07-28-09 10:48 PM
    Oooo. I'm definitely going to try this... My little app would never win of course but it does sound cool.

Actually, I'm kinda surprised Verizon of all people are doing this. H*ll, seeing their "Verizon Developer Network" website and how it's encouraging an open sort-of community for people who want to develop apps for them is more than a little odd, considering how they've always been about locking down phones, forcing devs to apply for BREW SDK kits and screwing both customers and developers with GIN. Interesting.
    you should watch the conference when the clips are up tomorrow on that page, they are giving out alot of opne api's and sdk's for a better faster network integration and better integration on their phones...its really cool to see this change and i think it really makes verizon stand out!
    07-28-09 10:50 PM
    I've known verizion for a long time as the nazi's of phone carriers, I guess they have reason to be being they have the superior network, but I am definitely giving them props for doing this.
    07-29-09 03:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD