Updated my phone and my wifes phone. Neither one will notify us when a new voicemail is received. You have to manually check for new mail. I have removed the software and reinstalled. I have updated the host routing tables, did *228 option 1 and *228 option 2. I changed the permissions to "allow" on everything and it still wont work. Everything else works perfectly on this new OS. I have worked on this all day but can't get it to work. Any suggestions at all. It's killing me that it seems to work for everyone else but me.
    10-22-09 12:30 AM
    I just tested it once I saw this thread... Same here. Will not tell me I have messages. I think it's time to revert back to .167.....
    10-22-09 01:41 AM
    Same here... Tried editing permissions, etc. No luck!
    10-22-09 06:22 AM
    Doesn't work here either. Between this issue and the horrible excecution of voice dialing I may be going back to .230
    10-22-09 06:53 AM
    Ditto ... VVM notification does NOT work after upgrading to .323.

Simply can't stand the app anyway, as useful as it is on occasion.
    10-22-09 07:33 AM
    I just tested it once I saw this thread... Same here. Will not tell me I have messages. I think it's time to revert back to .167.....
    Flick scrolling... check
    Fastest accelerometer... check
    Typing is error-free... check
    Better radio... check
    VVM notifications... not yet

Let's see, I think I'll stick with .323 and simply dial *86 if I get a call I can't catch. Small price to pay for all of the improvements.
    10-22-09 07:44 AM
    Gald it's not just me...I'm definitely not going back just because of this bug! If someone needs to reach me that bad, they'll just text me anyway!

But it is a pain.
    10-22-09 07:54 AM
    I'm usually the first to change or revert back if one thing is not working the way its supposed to... even if its something I barley use. But I will be making an exception this time. The 323 is just too much of an improvement to turn back. Oh, and I'm starting to like this upgrading stuff. When's the next leak?
    10-22-09 07:56 AM
    There has to be a reason for this. I'm determined to find out. I did not do a clean wipe before installing this. Could this be the difference? I might start all over and wipe it this time if someone can post a link on how to do that. I couldn't find that option in DM so I just installed over .230
    10-22-09 07:57 AM
    just checked this out on my storm.....

I had 4 voicemails that I didn't get yesterday afternoon! fortunately, none were urgent.

I hope verizon pushes out a VVM update to work with this new software.....soon.
    10-22-09 08:06 AM
    As far as dialing *86, you can still click on manually check and it will get the mail and store it on your phone. I will be doing that until I figure this out. Before I start all over and wipe my phone, is anyone able to get it to work properly?
    10-22-09 08:08 AM
    Do we know for sure if this is and OS bug? I may have read that other people were having a problem the past few days regardless of the OS??
    10-23-09 10:39 AM
    I called tech support for this issue and they weren't able to resolve it. They gave me an issue ticket (or something like that) and told me someone will try to fix it on their side and get back to me in 7 days.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 10:43 AM
    Definitely an OS compatibility issue. With 323 would not get any indicators. Rolled back to 230 and everything works fine again??
    10-23-09 10:45 AM
    I called tech support for this issue and they weren't able to resolve it. They gave me an issue ticket (or something like that) and told me someone will try to fix it on their side and get back to me in 7 days.

they help even though it is an unofficial os!?
    10-23-09 10:47 AM
    What they don't know won't hurt them haha. He probably never told them he was on an unofficial OS...
    10-23-09 10:57 AM
    Definitely an OS compatibility issue. With 323 would not get any indicators. Rolled back to 230 and everything works fine again??
    That being said, would it be possible to replace the .323 .cod files, with those from .230 and get it working? Someone out there has to have an answer???
    10-23-09 12:15 PM
    That would be awesome if someone could figure this out. I played with this OS for a day before I uploaded it on to my wifes phone. I THOUGHT that everything that we used the phone for was working perfectly and assured her that she would love this OS. She really loves the VVM so now I'm in trouble. Someone help me out of the dog house.
    10-23-09 12:20 PM
    I didn't tell them what I was running

10-23-09 12:24 PM
    OK everyone here is a possible fix for Visual Voicemail

delete and reinstall VVM and it hopefully will work.

here is a OTA link of an older version but you can DL this then upgrade back to the newest version.

http://stormota.com/download.php?appID=136
    10-23-09 01:39 PM
    anyone willing to go first?
    10-23-09 01:42 PM
    well it worked for me, so they would be the 2nd if anything lol
    10-23-09 01:44 PM
    here goes nothin
    10-23-09 01:46 PM
    is there anything significant with that link rather than using app world?
    10-23-09 01:49 PM
    is there anything significant with that link rather than using app world?
    well if you dont use app world i dont think you can get it easily off VZW site either if i remember correctly. So this OTA link is hella easy to use for many of us. You do have to uprade after which is a small PIA
    10-23-09 01:53 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD