Use BBSAK and extract the Skype COD file after you download it to your 8530. Then post it so us other can download. If someone sends me the cod file, I will make an alx file so it can be loaded using the loader. Or we can just force it in using BBSAK.
    03-25-10 09:33 AM
    Or MCP, if you find BBSAK too blunt. ^^

I was ashamed of asking. Thanks Jack!

I am not sure it will be worthy the trouble, but I'd sure love to try.
    03-25-10 09:52 AM
    Guys - it probably isn't what you think it is . Verizon OWNS Skype. It won't use Wifi. Domestic calls are carried by Verizon Wireless, NOT SKYPE, and are billed by Verizon.

Useful for Skype to Skype and US calls to International not the other way around. .....
    03-25-10 10:08 AM
    Guys - it probably isn't what you think it is . Verizon OWNS Skype. It won't use Wifi. Domestic calls are carried by Verizon Wireless, NOT SKYPE, and are billed by Verizon.

Useful for Skype to Skype and US calls to International not the other way around. .....
    We like to muck around. We want to load it to our non-Verizon phones and see what it does.

Also Verizon doesn't own Skype. It is currently owned by an investor group led by Silver Lake and which includes eBay Inc, Joltid Limited and Skype founders Niklas ZennstrŲm and Janus Friis, the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board and Andreessen Horowitz. I checked and Verizon has no interest in any of these groups.
    03-25-10 10:13 AM

Jack is right, Skype is not from VZN. They have some sort of development deal. Why? I $ave $o $dea.

So, we can use VZN's Skype to make local calls, but it will use data for skype to skype calls? That's exactly what I need.

Bring in the cods!
    03-25-10 10:19 AM
    So, we can use VZN's Skype to make local calls, but it will use data for skype to skype calls? That's exactly what I need.

Bring in the cods!
    I could be wrong AGAIN, but ..... Domestic calls made from Skype "are carried by Verizon not Skype, and are billed "according to your Verizon Wireless Plan".
    03-25-10 10:29 AM
    Hi,

Tried the COD posted on BBHybrid, unfortunately it won't work on my UK Vodafone, says Skype mobile will only work on Verizon Wireless - they;ve locked it down to the provider :-(
    03-25-10 10:30 AM
    I could be wrong AGAIN, but ..... Domestic calls made from Skype "are carried by Verizon not Skype, and are billed "according to your Verizon Wireless Plan".
    And it IS wrong. Typo. I ment to say we CAN'T.
    Still, if we can use it for skype-to-skype...
    03-25-10 10:48 AM
    Skype Mobile v1.0.0.5 - @BBTweeps

EDIT: Errm... well at least it loads...

Last edited by diegonei; 03-25-10 at 10:57 AM.
    03-25-10 10:51 AM
    Skype Mobile v1.0.0.5 - @BBTweeps

EDIT: Errm... well at least it loads...

For an app like Skype with 100s of millions of users Worldwide locking it down to Verizon only is just plain stupid.
    03-26-10 06:28 AM
    You were just told 15 times that it wouldn't work and it's Verizon only at this time, not sure why your suprised......
    03-26-10 06:42 AM
    How about try changing the Vendor ID to 105 for Verizon US to see if skype will think it's running on a Verizon phone?
    04-02-10 08:46 AM
    Fyi. When you make a skype to skype call even to non numbers your phone calls a vzw set up number to make the skype call. Calls are not done through your data. Mine calls a number in Orlando, Fl when I make any skype calls, even to my brothers currently deployed abroad.
    So even if there was a way to get it to work on say ATT your skype call would use your minutes as it would call a non ATT network phone number to place the call.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-10 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD