Verizon has made free banking software available for some of their BlackBerry users. Users who have a Blackberry Curve 8330, Pearl 8130, or 8830 World Edition can "stay connected to their financial information while away from home with Verizon Wireless' Mobile Banking application."

Verizon's Mobile Banking Software features:

Get account balances and account transaction history.

Transfer funds between eligible accounts at the same financial institution.

View and pay bills when enrolled in their financial institution's Bill Pay service.

View the last five transactions successfully completed on their mobile devices.

To get Mobile Banking on Verizon Wireless simply click the "Mobile Banking" link from the "VZ Start" homepage

Source: Verizon BlackBerry Users get free banking software - PDA Blast!
    07-18-08 03:53 PM
    Has anyone tried this?
    07-21-08 09:34 AM
    doesn't work for mine sorry, but I would try it.... lol seems kinda funny Verizon help deal with your money assets does this seem odd to anybody else...
    07-21-08 09:38 AM
    Canadian banks need to do something like this...online banking is great and all but I'd love the major banks to come out with a mobile banking app. I might actually pay for an account if it had that ability...
    07-21-08 10:02 AM
    "Currently Wachovia, Regions, SunTrust, USAA, Synovus, America First Credit Union (AFCU), Arvest, Bancorp South, FirstBank, South Financial and BECU offer the service."
    07-21-08 01:11 PM
    I'm worried/leary about trying any banking software that isn't provided directly by the banking institution directly. WAMU is BB/mobile accessible and it's directly through them.....
    07-21-08 01:24 PM
    "Currently Wachovia, Regions, SunTrust, USAA, Synovus, America First Credit Union (AFCU), Arvest, Bancorp South, FirstBank, South Financial and BECU offer the service."
    I was interested in this, but half of those banks I've never even heard of.
    07-21-08 10:59 PM
    I tried it out, but the mobile website for Wachovia offers the same thing and is honestly easier to navigate. The universal Firethorn app is just bulky and poorly designed. It has potential and I was exicted to hear it was released, but IMO its not really worth it. Too bad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-08 01:09 AM
    Too bad it doesn't work for Wells Fargo
    07-22-08 01:19 AM
    I tried it with my Blackberry Curve. I downloaded the Mobile Banking Application from VZ Apps. I bank with JP Morgan Chase. I went to Chase's website, signed up & obtained the access code. I entered the access code on my Blackberry and it did not work. I called Verizonwireless. The representative claims that the application has not been rolled out yet within Verizon for "ALL" of the banks that are listed.
    02-08-09 12:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD