I did a quick search and didn't see this posted so I am sharing it with everyone. This article says that Verizon is planning on launching its own app store and if this happens Blackberry App World won't be accessible from Verizon phones. Is Verizon in the drivers seat so much they can actually do this?

Verizon wants its own app store
    07-14-09 11:32 PM
    Considering how slowly BlackBerry App World is developing and gaining confidence of developers, I seriously doubt that developers are going to be jumping at the chance to have their applications ONLY reach an audience of solely a particular service provider. The stupidity of Verizon has stopped shocking me long ago. I'd love to hear what RIM has to say about this. Personally, I think what is probably happening is: Verizon might be deciding to just not include BlackBerry App World pre-installed (or have a shortcut to install App World) on the devices that they sell but an icon to launch their own. Could RIM honestly allow a provider the ability to block their own App Store completely??

ALB
    07-14-09 11:38 PM
    Personally, I think what is probably happening is: Verizon might be deciding to just not include BlackBerry App World pre-installed (or have a shortcut to install App World) on the devices that they sell but an icon to launch their own.
    ALB
    I found another article that confirms your idea about could happen.

Verizon's App Store Plans Likely to Irk Phone Makers
    07-14-09 11:46 PM
    Why should BB and Windows Mobile be able to corner the market? I think as long as Verizon can have a comparable prices for apps, more power to them. I never have been and never will be a carrier hopper. I have been with Verizon for a lot of years and have no reason to leave. That is one reason some will not like this. Because they won't be able to take their apps with them if they leave. I'm kinda exicited to see what they will come out with. Plus, like it said. You just probably won't get the BB app world preloaded on your phone. That's all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 09:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD