I am still looking for a Vehicle maintenance app. Anyone know of any? I am willing to pay a few dollars but not $30-40. I dont use it for business so that kind of expense is to much. I would like for it to keep track of oil changes, gas mileage, repairs etc. all user input would be fine, I would like to keep multiple cars on this.
    It is a pain when your at the auto parts store and cant remember air filter, or oil filter or light bulb numbers & etc. I know you can look all this up at the store but it would be nice to have it at you fingers when ever you wanted it.

Track-it is just to expensive.
    07-21-10 09:25 AM
    as someone who has made a fully functional vehicle maintenance application in the past i can tell you its ALOT of work. The time and development costs are not worth " a couple bucks" quite frankily, especially considering people with Blackberry's will pay 5 bucks just for "change the led color" and weather-type applications.

I plan on porting my application to android, and would consider porting onto the bb platform as well, but i surely wouldn't do it for a few bucks per license
    07-21-10 09:44 AM
    as someone who has made a fully functional vehicle maintenance application in the past i can tell you its ALOT of work. The time and development costs are not worth " a couple bucks" quite frankily, especially considering people with Blackberry's will pay 5 bucks just for "change the led color" and weather-type applications.

I plan on porting my application to android, and would consider porting onto the bb platform as well, but i surely wouldn't do it for a few bucks per license
    I understand your concern and it makes perfect sense. As a personal rule, I will not spend over 9.99 on an app. (just me) I will not spend 5.00 to change my LED ha. Your point is well taken. The Android has a few apps like this already, and the Iphone has **** loads. Once again us BB user left out in the cold. I went to your website listed and looked at your work so far, looks great and eagerly wait for its release, providing its less than 9.99(a few bucks).
    07-21-10 10:01 AM

I found this for the droid, it pretty much does it all, and its FREE. Just incase there are few out there that does not understand; its slightly less than a few bucks.
    aCar - Track your vehicles
    07-26-10 02:23 PM
    RIM just makes it too hard to develop a good app to justify charging so little, unless it is a product somebody wanted to use for themselves and then just sold it as well. The personal desire for the app is really the only thing to justify the cost of development, because no one will pay in line with what it takes to make a good BB app.
    07-26-10 05:24 PM
    07-26-10 06:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD