As I spend more time with my BB and on this site my BB experience keeps getting better. Forgive me if my most recent discovery is old news to you but I wanted to share this with those who may appreciate it.

The Motorola MOTOROKR T505 Bluetooth In-Car Speakerphone is a visor mounted Blue-Tooth speaker phone accessory. It can direct the audio portion of your phone conversation through your car FM stereo and out your car speakers. ($40-$60 at ebay or amazon)

Slacker.com has a BB app that turns a BB into a web radio and gives the listener an incredible amount of influence over what he/she hears.

Combine these two things and you have a BB that is also a web radio and plays through your car's FM radio and out the stereo speakers. Incoming calls pause the song currently playing. Simply press the call button, take your call, press the end call button when you finish and the song resumes where it was when the call came in. The song pauses briefly if an email or text arrives as well giving you time to hear the alert tone before resuming the song. The phone remains useful for browsing the net and other applications while slacker is running in the background. The only drawback I have found so far is that it is a battery killer. When I run slacker radio while driving, I have the berry on the charger at the same time.

That's my $0.02
    06-20-09 11:11 AM
    Interesting idea, but what's the difference between that and say XM radio? Also, what happens when your phone has low signal strength? I still find pockets of places where my Slacker skips and stops music.
    06-20-09 11:21 AM
    Other than the price, I don't know. Slacker is free. I've never had XM but I think they charge.
    06-20-09 11:24 AM
    And if my phone doesn't have a signal for slacker I may actually tune in an actual radio station or put in a CD. Isn't XM just a receiver or does it access the internet, receive email and make phone calls? Either way, I think it's more equipment, more wires, installation, and clutter on my side of the truck. My Pearl just lays in the ashtray and wirelessly xmits to my stereo speakers via blue tooth. I guess there are some differences after all.
    06-20-09 11:57 AM
    does anyone have any ideas for making the reception clearer on phone calls with the motorola T505? I just got the device and love it but everyone i talk to through the car speakers or the speaker on the device says that they can hardly hear me and it is very staticky, my voice cuts in and out apparently. on my end it is all good, i can hear them totally clearly. any suggestions? i have not been able to find any information about this anywhere, everyone seems to say that it is awesome.
    07-07-09 01:04 AM
    Carlee- which blackberry model and OS are you using? I have noticed it works much better with the newer devices. My 8120 had the static issue, but my 8900 did not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-09 01:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD