I have Skype set up on a Storm2 and have purchsed a fixed online number. When I call my online number, it shows up on my computer as a call, but not on my phone. This is true whether the app is open or not. What am I missing here?

I'm traveling out of the country and have set up a BB plan for my trip. Will I be able to use Skype to make/receive calls?

Thanks.
    04-07-10 12:53 PM
    Do you have to forward your calls to your phone number?
    04-07-10 01:37 PM
    I have Skype set up on a Storm2 and have purchsed a fixed online number. When I call my online number, it shows up on my computer as a call, but not on my phone. This is true whether the app is open or not. What am I missing here?

I'm traveling out of the country and have set up a BB plan for my trip. Will I be able to use Skype to make/receive calls?

Thanks.
    I am pretty sure you will NOT be able to MAKE calls from your Skype Mobile on your Blackberry when you are traveling. According to the small print on the Skype site when you sign up it says that Skype mobile will not work outside of the US. Also, you can not call US land or cell numbers through Skype Mobile on your Blackberry.
    04-07-10 03:09 PM
    I'm going to have a local SIM that has inexpensive incoming calls but I'm not sure that I can forward my US number to a foreign cell number. This may not work at all!
    04-07-10 06:50 PM
    I'm going to have a local SIM that has inexpensive incoming calls but I'm not sure that I can forward my US number to a foreign cell number. This may not work at all!
    That I am not sure of. I use Google Voice and know that Google Voice will NOT allow you to forward to a foreign number. However, I am not sure how that works with other numbers.

Also, remember that your local SIM card will most likely NOT have data access. So, every time you do something with data you will need to swap out your SIM cards. Talk about a real pain!
    Last edited by asggold; 04-08-10 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Added more info...
    04-08-10 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD