im having problems using reverse lookup with poynt on my phone. it keeps telling me that i need to "set your phone log view to call log" but when i go in to options to do it i cant find call log. does anyone know how to fix it?
    07-19-09 12:53 AM
    It's a bug in Poynt. It will be fixed. Send them feedback via Poynt menu in program.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 02:02 AM
    I had the same question (used the search function!), but what's the bug? Is it the "reverse lookup" that doesn't work or the fact that "call log" isn't available in the PHONE LIST VIEW menu? I would leave feedback via poynt, but I'm not exactly sure what to complain about.
    07-26-09 02:34 AM
    All you have to do is go to your call log by going to messages and hitting alt and p at the same time and then you can do a reverse look up from those numbers

07-26-09 06:13 AM
    im having problems using reverse lookup with poynt on my phone. it keeps telling me that i need to "set your phone log view to call log" but when i go in to options to do it i cant find call log. does anyone know how to fix it?
    same issue here

All you have to do is go to your call log by going to messages and hitting alt and p at the same time and then you can do a reverse look up from those numbers

that doesn't work....all that does is sort the messages to show phone calls
    It's a bug in Poynt. It will be fixed. Send them feedback via Poynt menu in program.

i certainly hope so
    08-04-09 10:27 AM
    Keep complaining to Poynt. Apparently, they aren't fixing this for a reason. The issue is they are interpreting the call log view as being changable (like it is on a Storm), but it's not capable of that on a Tour because of the fact that its a physical QWERTY model that doesn't need to have its initial call log view changed. The issue is either with the SDK on 4.7 or the app itself. You all should be aware that the 4.7.1.x OS releases are based on the Storm 4.7.0.x releases and hence, has the same faults/behavior traits. I have a feeling this is just a bug in the app that Poynt is not fixing, but it very well could be something as simple as the SDK not allowing for the ability to differentiate between touchscreen and non touchscreen model versions.
    08-04-09 10:45 AM
    Hey Folks!

The reverse lookup issue is a known bug in the BlackBerry device software. Unfortunately, the API that Poynt plugs into to drive this feature was broken just before the Tour was released and there is no known workaround at this time. RIM is aware of the issue and they are working towards a fix.

Although not the most desirable solution, you will still be able to copy and paste the number into Poynt's reverse phone lookup text field in the People section.

If you wish to be notified about when RIM releases a device software update that resolves the issue please email us at [email protected].
    08-04-09 09:37 PM
    ok...i figured out how to get the reverse lookup to work on my Tour....

1) go to Messages.....NOT call log
    2) highlight and click the trackball on the phone number you wish to look up. This will open a call log/detail screen.
    3) now hit the bb button, select reverse look up

This will then open Poynt, and do the search.

This ONLY works if you choose the number from MESSAGES however.
    08-06-09 12:27 PM
    Yup, just tried it and it definitely works! Thanks.
    08-06-09 12:48 PM
    No worries....

Just makes me wonder how Poynt themselves didn't know about this
    Last edited by Glockguy; 08-06-09 at 12:58 PM.
    08-06-09 12:50 PM
    ok...i figured out how to get the reverse lookup to work on my Tour....

1) go to Messages.....NOT call log
    2) highlight and click the trackball on the phone number you wish to look up. This will open a call log/detail screen.
    3) now hit the bb button, select reverse look up

This will then open Poynt, and do the search.

This ONLY works if you choose the number from MESSAGES however.
    thanks for the tip...at least I can use reverse lookup without copying and pasting until a fix happens
    08-07-09 09:28 AM
    You're the best...this seriously has been pissing me off everytime i attempt using it
    10-23-09 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD