i don't really like the blackberry browser, so i'm considering downloading opera mini. is that a safe app to download, or is there something better?
    06-30-09 07:44 AM
    There is nothing wrong with Opera. The currently available applications that are the best are Opera and Bolt.
    06-30-09 07:45 AM
    opera mini is ok. I im the only one who still uses their BB browser lol
    06-30-09 07:53 AM
    I have had no problems with Opera Mini. It works a lot better than the BB browser for me
    06-30-09 07:55 AM
    I like Opera Mini. I find it works very well.
    Opera has been making browsers since 1994 and is a very well respected software developer.
    I wouldn't necessarily agree to the use of the term "dangerous" as, in my opinion, most security risks while using a browser can be averted by common sense on the part of the user; however I do believe Opera is a trustworthy source for quality software.
    Try it and see. Worse case, you remove the app if you don't care for it.
    Opera Mini | The most popular mobile phone browser in the world
    06-30-09 08:03 AM
    depends if you need to see the full site or not. if you need the web for purpuses like me, in which i dont need the whole website, i just need the info found on the cite, then the BB browser is surfice. but if you want the eye candy and near full web internet experiance, then you may want to download and use Opera or Bolt Browser
    06-30-09 08:03 AM
    Opera Mini is faster than my BB browser. Its why I use it. I just wish it had the mouse and not the "highligh" as you move around the web pages.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 08:18 AM
    Opera Mini is great for veiwing the full version of websites. It also load the full versions faster than the default browser. Opera Mini does the best, as far as, rendering forms on secure sites. Sites I would have issues with using the default browser or Bolt, work fine using Opera Mini.

06-30-09 08:20 AM
    I'm reading this using opera mini and almost crapped my pants when I saw the thread title. I just switched from Bolt yesterday and so far I'm liking opera mini more.

06-30-09 08:31 AM
    I have been using opera for a week now. After i could not get into my hotmail via BB browser, So i downloaded it and only use opera for email, and then i use my BB browser for everything else.
    06-30-09 09:38 AM
    Tried Bolt, didn't like it and tried to play a youtube video and it won't work. I like Opera Mini, faster and much zippier than the BB browser.
    06-30-09 10:01 AM
    BOLT = Rubbish.
    Downloaded twice, very slow.

I will trying Opera Mini although I am satisfied with the original browser, it's always good to try something new.

I wouldn't think that Opera is dangerous, it's very well known.
    06-30-09 10:43 AM
    thanks so much for the help everyone!!
    06-30-09 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD