okay, I just checked all of the threads, but I couldnt find a definite answer. So I have Curve 8900, and seriously I cant afford data plan at this point, so I need to know is there any way to use Facebook app without having data plan? It doesnt have to be the latest version but as I tried, my OS wont let me install oler version. Is there some version of Facebook app that will work on latest Curve 8900 OS? Thank you in advance
    01-16-11 09:01 AM
    ANY of the apps written by BlackBerry, will require a BlackBerry data plan. This has been asked many times and the answer is the same.
    01-16-11 09:33 AM
    The BlackBerry Facebook application does need the BlackBerry specific data plan, but there is no problem using:

m.facebook.com

from your Wifi Hotspot Browser.
    01-16-11 09:45 AM
    Facebook app does not need data plan to use. You can use it on wi-fi. Here is the youtube video.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0WRzxZn6ok&context=C316a360ADOEgsToPDskLbxo2W7jUxS CaU7bHU8Tkt[/YT]
    12-26-11 09:55 PM
    Facebook app does not need data plan to use. You can use it on wi-fi. Here is the youtube video.

I don't believe that is accurate for the OP. That blackberry seems to have BIS already (hence the messages). However, the OP does not have a Blackberry plan.
    12-26-11 11:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD