Hi all,

I have a gmail account, and have, until now, been using the generic blackberry email system to get my emails. However, I want to transition to the GMail app for the extra gmail features like labeling and archived searching. I have that app set up fine and it's great.

But, I can't delete my GMail from the BIS(?) server, because the BB Facebook app relies on facebook email notifications in order to set any notifiers. If I keep my gmail account in both Email Settings and the GMail app, i have to "read" every email twice. Possible solutions to this:

1. A setting that automatically marks all emails as read.
    2. A setting that stops Messages from putting email notifiers on my notification bar.
    3. A way for Facebook Mobile to get notifications without using BB Email service?...

Any ideas on how to set this up?

PS. Does anyone know, or can reasonably guess, if the Curve 8530 will support Blackberry 6? I am still within my 30 day trial period for the phone, and if it's not going to be supported I want to return it for a phone that will.
    05-28-10 07:07 AM
    If by gmail app you mean the actual app, then just turn off that notification and use the gmail plugin which is part of the native email. With the gmail app, I only use it to retrieve old emails that's still on my pc. I hope I'm not confusing you more
    05-28-10 07:15 AM
    Are you talking about the Enhanced GMail Plugin? I might be ignorant of most of its features, but when ive messed around in the options, it only seems like it just adds threading to gmail conversations.

I can't figure out how to tell my blackberry not to put notifications on my home screen when i have unread emails in my messages folder. Is it possible?
    05-28-10 07:31 AM
    bump. no one else has this problem?
    05-28-10 11:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD