I just received my Motorola S9-HD stereo bluetooth headset, so i could listen to music from my storm. I sync my headset up with my phone and i can talk with it, watch movies listen to stored music. As soon as i open up Pandora, the bluetooth drops and it starts playing through the ext. speaker. So i close Pandora and it starts working just fine again. Is there any way i can get these headphones to work with pandora or is there another music app that will work with it. Thank you
    07-08-09 10:11 AM
    Sorry this isn't going to be terribly helpful, but that is odd as I use the exact same headset everyday with Pandora while riding into work and I don't have any problems. The only time I have had an issue at all is if I try to connect my headset after having already started Pandora. You could give Slacker a try as I have also used that with my S9-HD, for Slacker you just need to be sure to go to options and choose to "enable bluetooth" or something similar once you have the headset synced up.
    07-08-09 02:55 PM
    Under pandora options I think you can
    Select play through headset.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-09 03:39 PM
    u go to the stations list

1.bb button
    2.options
    3.use bluetooth yes/no

thanks ecksdog and duality169
    Last edited by DUDE9087; 07-08-09 at 03:53 PM.
    07-08-09 03:48 PM
    I also use Pandora and Slacker (on a Curve 8330). I was about to buy the Motorola S9-HD, then I saw some pretty bad comments about dropped signals when outdoors.

Duality169, it sounds like you wear this headset while cycling. I do too and just want to listen to music while riding. Have you had any issues with dropped signals when listening to Pandora or Slacker?

Input is much appreciated, guys. $90 is a lot of money to spend on something that doesn't work well, ya know?

Thank you.
    07-11-09 02:18 PM
    I also use Pandora and Slacker (on a Curve 8330). I was about to buy the Motorola S9-HD, then I saw some pretty bad comments about dropped signals when outdoors.

Duality169, it sounds like you wear this headset while cycling. I do too and just want to listen to music while riding. Have you had any issues with dropped signals when listening to Pandora or Slacker?

Input is much appreciated, guys. $90 is a lot of money to spend on something that doesn't work well, ya know?

Thank you.
    It all depends on where you place the phone in relation to the headset. The S9 documentation clearly states that the signal is optimal between the headset and the user's waist.

I find if I put the phone in my front shirt pocket, in my back pants pocket or in my backpack everything is fine. Front pants pocket doesn't work well.
    07-11-09 07:49 PM

I find if I put the phone in my front shirt pocket, in my back pants pocket or in my backpack everything is fine. Front pants pocket doesn't work well.
    Ah, perfect...I always leave my BB in my backpack when I ride. So, the blue tooth works even though the line of site between the headset and the BB is interrupted by the backpack?

If so, cool!
    07-12-09 02:47 AM
    Ah, perfect...I always leave my BB in my backpack when I ride. So, the blue tooth works even though the line of site between the headset and the BB is interrupted by the backpack?

If so, cool!
    Yeah, but an outside pocket is best.
    07-12-09 08:45 PM
    I too would like to get some S9-HD but was concerned with what I had read in regards to loosing the signal and/or interference when outside. I ended up getting the Plantronics 590's and have had no problems. I can leave my phone sitting on a table in the shop and walk to any corner of our 25,000 square foot shop and the sound never stops. I was thrilled! I would like to know if the S9-HD's work as well?? They just seem like they might be more comfortable...
    07-12-09 09:28 PM
    I ended up getting the Plantronics 590's and have had no problems. I can leave my phone sitting on a table in the shop and walk to any corner of our 25,000 square foot shop and the sound never stops. I was thrilled!
    Ack! I wish I had read that last night BEFORE I purchased the Motorola set. hehehe.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I have a better idea about how to use the device & what kind of performance to expect.
    07-13-09 06:17 AM
    Ack! I wish I had read that last night BEFORE I purchased the Motorola set. hehehe.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I have a better idea about how to use the device & what kind of performance to expect.
    Let us know what you think after you get it

07-13-09 09:51 AM
    Will do.
    07-13-09 10:00 AM
    I've had the same problem. I have the original Motorola S9's. Worked great with my Motorola Q. With my Storm, work great if I'm in the house or garage but if I go outside to mow the lawn or bike ride, the sound cuts in and out continuously to the point where it is really annoying and I've had to resort to a wired headset. And this happens no matter where I put the Storm, although some spots are better than others the problem is never totally eliminated. Also bought another bluetooth set, a cheaper one, Lubix and I have the same problem with them. So my question is this, has anyone used a bluetooth headset that has worked flawlessly when doing outside chores or jogging or bike riding?
    07-20-09 06:54 PM
    So my question is this, has anyone used a bluetooth headset that has worked flawlessly when doing outside chores or jogging or bike riding?
    I'll let you know sometime this week. I have the HD set already -- works well inside, just as you guys have mentioned. Will be doing my ride along the beach a couple evenings this week when I can find the time. That will be my outdoor test on a Curve 8330 (sorry...not a Storm).
    07-20-09 06:58 PM
    I use my Planteonics 590 outside all the time mowing the lawn or riding my bike to work on a nice day and have never once had an issue with any of my phones withit. I do however live in a small rural town , population about 12,000 so there's probably not much to interfere with it???

07-20-09 07:09 PM
    i have an older lg stereo headset like hbs 200 or something but i use them all the time while working out side. i just have to have phone in shorts pocket
    07-20-09 11:14 PM
    Well, I said I would post up re: my experience outdoors. Finally had a chance to do my night-time bike ride along the beach with a lot of summer crowds, radios, cell phones, etc everywhere.

As was suggested, I left my BB Curve 8330 in the mesh 'water bottle' pocket that is typical on most of today's backpacks. I had NO skipping as long as the backpack was on my back.

When I stopped for water, I placed the backpack on the ground and the music did skip a couple of times when I side-stepped towards the side of the backpack opposite of where the BB was sitting. (hope that makes sense)

So anyway, as long as the BB/backpack was resting on my back, everything was perfect even in a high-interference environment. Put the BB down on the ground -- not so good.

Overall, I'm happy with the headset. Thanks for the input, guys.

edit: I'm using Motorola's S9-HD set.
    Last edited by butcherbird; 07-24-09 at 11:04 AM.
    07-24-09 12:39 AM
    i have had my s9's for almost a year and a half... i use them religiously.. I can be 30 feet from them and all over the house and still get a signal... I use pandora...and the music player and movies... I used to use them on my sch 760 and the signal on the storm is ssssooooo much better... I highly recommend them...
    07-24-09 03:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD