I am currently a Centro user and have been thinking about getting an 8330 or 8830 but one of the issues I haven't been able to resolve is that there isn't any program that I have found that enables your phone to work as a card reader when connected to the computer. I'll give you an example of what a palm OS user could use if anyone knows of any app like this I would appreciate your help.
    well I guess I can't post a link but if you search for "card reader for Palm OS" in Google it's the 3rd weblink
    Thanks,
    G RamosCarr
    05-13-08 11:30 AM
    What do you mean "card reader"??? You are going to have to be more specific.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-08 12:35 PM
    it's a program that uses your blackberry as a card reader. so when you hit enable in the program and your device is connected then a drive will show up in my computer. it will act as a thumb drive makes it much easier to transfer files to other computers as well as get music from other computers vs your own computer with desktop management software.
    05-13-08 12:40 PM
    That's built into the blackberry. No external program needed. If you have a media card in your blackberry, just plug the blackberry into a USB port and use it in 'Mass Storage Mode.' The media card will look just like a USB drive to the PC, so you can drag and drop files.
    05-13-08 01:01 PM
    Thanks.
    That's pretty impressive all this time I thought I was hot stuff using my palm to do that, where in the phone is that mode switch?
    05-13-08 01:10 PM
    Options/Media Card
    Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: your choice
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Prompt

When you plug the bb into a USB port, say 'yes' to the Mass Storage prompt and the bb media card will look just like a thumb drive on your desktop.
    Last edited by JeffH; 05-13-08 at 01:15 PM. Reason: correct typo
    05-13-08 01:15 PM
    again thanks alot looks like im just one step closer to leaving my palm days behind me. Off to the sprint store to compare the 8830 vs the 8330.
    05-13-08 01:18 PM
    Woohoo, way to go JeffH.

Dm
    05-13-08 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD