i cant tell you how many times i cant decide what i want to eat.

Can someone please develop an app like urban spoon, just like the iphone app, just randomly selects a place

urbanspoon.com/blog/27/Urbanspoon-on-the-iPhone.html
    02-19-09 05:49 PM
    The day I let my phone pick where I eat is the day I put a gun in my mouth instead of the food it suggests. No disrespect, just saying for me...if I can't pick where I want to eat I'll find someone who does have feelings on what to eat to go with me.
    02-19-09 05:54 PM
    meh.. but what if you both don't..? and no one cares.. this app does that for you

style
    budget
    meh.. but what if you both don't..? and no one cares.. this app does that for you

style
    budget
    Again...I stand by original sentiment. Don't let the machines win, just ask John Connor.
    02-19-09 06:01 PM

style
    budget
    02-19-09 06:20 PM
    The day I let my phone pick where I eat is the day I put a gun in my mouth instead of the food it suggests. No disrespect, just saying for me...if I can't pick where I want to eat I'll find someone who does have feelings on what to eat to go with me.
    I travel the country for work, usually alone. I expense my meals and travel. I love finding the local places. I've eaten at more Texas Road Houses and Applesbee's than I'd care to admit to.

Lately I use their website to shop the town for food. It's great. I'd love for a Blackberry app to come around.
    02-19-09 06:31 PM
    Again...I stand by original sentiment. Don't let the machines win, just ask John Connor.
    How is this different from using a machine to look up any other piece of information? What's different from using an app like this or looking at reviews on yelp?
    02-19-09 06:42 PM
    google "food (zipcode)", close eyes, point, open eyes....bam, urban spoon
    02-19-09 07:44 PM
    Try mobile zagat or opentable.
    02-19-09 07:51 PM
    I travel the country for work, usually alone. I expense my meals and travel. I love finding the local places. I've eaten at more Texas Road Houses and Applesbee's than I'd care to admit to.

Lately I use their website to shop the town for food. It's great. I'd love for a Blackberry app to come around.
    At first i thought the idea of urban spoon was silly until you mentioned that. Having started a new job recently i expect to be out of town more often in the next few years. This sounds like a good idea.
    02-19-09 08:03 PM
    I had actually emailed Urban Spoon when I first got my storm regarding them making the app for the storm. This was their response:

"We're definitely considering other mobile platforms, and RIM devices in particular. Our hands are pretty full at the moment with the web site and the iPhone, but we would love to make the app available to more people.

In the meantime, you can use Urbanspoon through your browser on any Blackberry. Just go to urbanspoon.com/m
    "
    02-19-09 08:12 PM
    I let my Roomba decide, and then I ride it there
    02-19-09 08:19 PM
    I emailed them a while ago and said they are looking into and would probably release a version of it for the storm but they are busy at the moment.
    02-19-09 08:44 PM
    I let my Roomba decide, and then I ride it there
    i literally lol'd at this

but this would be a great app.....definitely bookmarking that mobile site!
    02-20-09 07:56 AM
    what do we have to do? do we email them? i mean the iphones is crazy where you shake it id like something like that
    02-20-09 11:05 AM
    +1 bump...
    02-20-09 04:23 PM
    i have it for the ipod and i went to 5 resturants that it recomended for me only to find out that all of them were shut down last time i used that app
    02-20-09 04:31 PM
    +1 bump....
    02-24-09 12:24 PM
    i think a yelp app would be more useful
    02-24-09 12:34 PM
    So has anyone heard more about an ubranspoon app for the Storm? I emailed them a few minutes ago, but haven't heard anything back just yet.
    03-26-09 10:56 AM
    i think a yelp app would be more useful
    Yelp is part of the "Where" app.

WHERE™ GPS Mobile Application, iPhone App & Location Based Services Development Platform
    03-26-09 11:18 AM
    i would also enjoy this program alot
    03-26-09 11:24 AM
    The app would be great if it just told you what options you have around your area and not tell you where to eat.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 01:05 PM
    The app would be great if it just told you what options you have around your area and not tell you where to eat.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    There are lots of apps that do that (i.e. poynt and where).

The beauty of the urbanspoon app is that you can set parameters on the search - like price range - and then let it pick some random places for you to eat. This would be great for my wife and I who are constantly trying to decide which new place to try.
    03-26-09 01:08 PM
    i eat out all the time, and get sick of the chain restaurants...this app would be awesome on the storm...

...however i do find that is the one downside of this app, and poynt...many of the restaurants they have no longer exist? :/
    03-26-09 02:18 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD