Is their a way to upload video from my blackberry to my Facebook account or directly to Youtube OTA

Please help if it can be done.
    06-28-08 08:09 PM
    I don't think the facebook app supports video upload. I'm not sure about youtube.
    06-29-08 12:12 AM
    Youtube video uploader never worked right for blackberries. Youtube still hasn't fixed the issue.
    Dm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-08 03:22 PM
    Still looking an answer too. facebook says you can, but I always get an error.
    02-02-09 10:52 AM
    I remember reading somewhere on CB that facebook is getting an update ... So maybe when its released it'll be working as intended? Lol sorry :/

02-02-09 11:22 AM
    I am having this problem as well and I've contacted facebook about it-It's really frustrating- I never had issues doing it from my other phone
    05-14-09 10:55 AM
    I think you are only able to upload pictures to Facebook. I usually e-mail the videos to myself, save them on my computer, and upload it from there.
    06-15-09 07:53 PM
    Is their a way to upload video from my blackberry to my Facebook account or directly to Youtube OTA

Please help if it can be done.
    The method I use is to use another app..."Itookthisonmyphone" this app will send your vids to Youtube for you.

Good luck

P~
    06-21-09 02:34 PM
    I just sent a video to facebook from my storm....YES..... worked on it for awhile.. I had to change the video setting to MMS. Then i just sent it via MMS to mobile @ facebook.com.....the first time didnt work but then it did..
    07-05-09 12:30 AM
    ok after hours of trying- I FINALLY FIGURED out how to send a video from my BB Storm to facebook.

1st: go to: ( facebook dot com/ mobile/ ) 2nd: when site opens up, log on using email and password
    3rd: under "Upload via Email" you will see a link that say "Send my upload email to me now" click on link
    4th: it now should give you you personal email (example: emailnurse 6232septet @ m.face book dot com
    5th: save your personal email adress in your phone
    6th: do what you usually do to send a mms message and send it to your facebook personal email address....and thats it! enjoy
    02-05-10 06:51 PM
    I've tried the personal email from FB and none of my videos upload. All it does is post my subject title as my FB status and the video never uploads. I have Verizon, not sure if it is a FB issue, a Verizon issue or my Storm 2. Any thoughts?
    02-22-10 06:23 PM
    Could just try using something like Qik to upload, then post the Qik link on FB.
    02-22-10 06:27 PM
    I just got a blackberry curve 3520 and can someone explain to me (as simple as possible because i just got me phone and am still figuring everything out) how to upload a video to facebook? I have already gone to facebook and signed up my mobile phone number as well as got a special email address from facebook that I am supposed to send the video to and it will automatically be sent to facebook but I can figure out how to send the video as an email! Any suggestions? thank
    03-10-10 08:50 PM
    I posted instructions on HOW TO....make sure you send via mms to your personal FB Email NOT email option using FB email....get what I'm saying?

04-06-10 10:37 AM
    I've also tried what you said Jose but no luck here either... I have the Blackberry Curve 8530 btw.
    m4l1g4l1g likes this.
    07-18-10 09:41 PM
    Just get Itookthisonmyphone and use it to upload the video. Trust me it works great and is pretty fast, plus you don't have to record in mms mode.
    07-19-10 01:09 AM
    Thanks jcastillo...gonna try it out now. I'll let ya know how it works...
    07-19-10 02:26 PM
    It works like a charm! Thanks a bunch jcastillo!
    07-19-10 07:15 PM
    Where do i find the "itookthisonmyphone" app or whatever it may be at?
    07-19-10 10:34 PM
    It works like a charm! Thanks a bunch jcastillo!
    Anytime! Glad to help.

Where do i find the "itookthisonmyphone" app or whatever it may be at?

Try AppWorld or directly from: iTookThisOnMyPhone - Download
    07-21-10 01:12 AM
    just create a new multimedia message and choose to send it to Fbook. then attach a file (your video), and then send it. tada!
    08-03-10 02:40 AM
    When I try to attach it, I get a "File to Big" error message. It is 4MG. Am I recording wrong?
    08-04-10 10:44 AM
    Got a work around here

set up an account at posterous.com (I had problems doing this on the BB , but it was fairly smooth on PC)

then with 1 email you can upload to facebook,twitter,youtube and a host of other sites

it doesn't actually upload it to facebook but it will post a link with thumbnail on your feed that plays when clicked

it will upload the video to your youtube account if you choose to set it up that way

on twitter it just posts a link back to your posterous page

there are a bunch of other social media sites that posterous will link together but I've only set up for the three I mentioned

I don't know why video upload (from phone) to facebook does not work I've tried useing the special email but that doesn't work either, I know it works from other phones, this is IMHO a RIM/BB issue (maybe because it goes threw the BIS/BES servers (just guessing here)) but anyway going threw posterous works fairly well for a work around and if you have a few sites you want to post to it kills a few birds with 1 stone
    09-23-10 02:19 AM
    Make sure you have a youtube upload email adress and just email the video to it, and it appears in your youtube accounts my videos, you can upload them to youtube with ease, the problem everyone has is not being able to upload them to facebook

09-23-10 02:43 AM
    i have verizon too, and the only way i could make it work was to mms my video to 32665 then it went to my FB profile.

In the process of trying to do it thru the email they generate, i enabled text to my phone on the mobile settings on my FB computer acct

should be as easy as uploading pictures, but it's not!
    Last edited by amahan; 09-24-10 at 05:13 PM.
    09-24-10 05:09 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD