hi guys and gals... i'm writing this because im new to the whole 3rd party app thing, and upgrading and downgrading and whatnot lol

Im currently using BBSAK to upgrade from 4.6 to 5.0, and im really scared because the screen is black, says "Blackberry and has a little loading bar, and its about halfway there, but hasnt moved in the last 10 miutes... what should i do, guys? should i do the old "Battery Pull"?
    any help will be appreciated
    04-18-10 11:31 AM
    hi guys and gals... i'm writing this because im new to the whole 3rd party app thing, and upgrading and downgrading and whatnot lol

Im currently using BBSAK to upgrade from 4.6 to 5.0, and im really scared because the screen is black, says "Blackberry and has a little loading bar, and its about halfway there, but hasnt moved in the last 10 miutes... what should i do, guys? should i do the old "Battery Pull"?
    any help will be appreciated

If you do a battery pull in the middle of upgrading, you'll brick your berry, this is because it's taking off one OS and putting on another, and if you do that while its taking one off or putting another on, it wont successfully do so. It takes about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes to load the new 5.0 OS on to the berry, during this it will be stuck on certain screens for long periods of time, i've upgraded and downgraded about 2 or 3 times to different leaked versions of 5.0, and i'm back to using my 4.6 because some bugs really irritated me. but i'm picky to the point where i wont use somethin unless it works 100%.
    04-19-10 10:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD