Hey all. My phone died on me today for whatever reason. I reinstalled my OS, performed a restore of a backup, and everything is working fine except for the fact that I'm missing all of my apps (3rd party apps I downloaded and even BBM). Do backup/restores only work for messages, call logs, etc and not apps or am I missing something?
    Last edited by jaymzb0nd; 04-29-10 at 01:25 AM.
    04-28-10 10:28 PM
    Yeah, it doesn't backup 3rd party apps. You have to download them again
    04-29-10 05:48 AM
    You need to back your apps up in other way before reload OS.
    Desktop Manager don't let you back up your apps..

Fatih Kurnaz
    (Trkiye,Trke,Yardım,Avea, Vodafone, Turkcell Blackberry Bis)
    04-29-10 06:25 AM
    Thanks guys. Any ways to back them up so I can be okay in the future?
    04-29-10 01:58 PM
    Try the following:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/

Have a couple of goes & try restoring some apps to make sure it works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-10 05:08 PM
    Another (easier way, i think) is to get BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife and use that program to backup your 3rd party apps. Check the link in my signature for BBSAK. i use it and it works great!
    04-29-10 05:16 PM
    Thanks guys
    05-01-10 05:11 PM
    Another (easier way, i think) is to get BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife and use that program to backup your 3rd party apps. Check the link in my signature for BBSAK. i use it and it works great!
    i dont like that way because when you goto view the apps, its installed them into one BBSAK file instead of individually listed. i would rather re-download them that use the BBSAK feature.

OP, whenever you do an OS upgrade through the loader.exe file, it automatically does a backup and restore which includes all 3rd party apps as well. thats what i use. since your phone "died" on you, you were kinda out of luck with this one.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 05-01-10 at 10:28 PM.
    05-01-10 10:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD