Previously it was posted that some great new features were coming for the BBSmart Email Viewer. This was months ago and I have asked several times in various threads when this update will actually come to pass. So I thought I would just post a thread here and see what is coming. Not everyone is on a BES Enterprise so we still rely on a 3rd party app to convert our html code.
    09-30-08 07:09 PM
    Update to 4.5 it has HTML free...
    09-30-08 07:11 PM
    Only if you are on the BES, from what I understood it was not supported on BIS so there are a lot of BIS users who would want HTML support. Plus AT&T, Verizon etc have not offered 4.5 yet and beta code that is not authorized is stolen code.
    10-01-08 11:40 AM
    RIM did the BIS 2.5 server upgrade awhile ago. I am on BIS, have 4.5 and have HTML, like I said...upgrade
    10-01-08 11:43 AM
    Only if you are on the BES, from what I understood it was not supported on BIS so there are a lot of BIS users who would want HTML support. Plus AT&T, Verizon etc have not offered 4.5 yet and beta code that is not authorized is stolen code.
    BTW, I am running an official RIM upgrade, just not from my carrier. Celluar south to be exact...
    10-01-08 11:44 AM
    If that is the case, then all of the info I had read previously is incorrect. Where is the latest stable 4.5 update so I can get the true benefits. Thanks for clarifying that it is a full featured option to all BIS 2.5 customers.
    10-03-08 05:20 AM
    Just type your device model in the search tool and there are threads on where to get the latest official version.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-08 07:30 AM
    Has BBSmart Email viewer been updated w/ 4.5 yet? I purchased this software because the HTML viewer that comes with the BB O/S I find doesn't render the emails as well.

I haven't been able to use this software at all since purchase and RIM's 4.5 O/S has officially been out now for at least 3 weeks.
    10-13-08 12:25 PM
    Update to 4.5 it has HTML free...
    I updated to 4.5 last weekend. So does that mean if I delete the viewer I'll get rid of the "trial" that's plegging my emails, and I'll have a html free view of my emails?

Inquiring mind wants to desparately know.
    10-31-08 03:26 PM
    I think it is safe to say that this update may never be coming. I never thought I would say that especially about a developer like BBSmart.

They used to respond to support e-mails almost instantly and now there's no response. They used to respond to these post almost daily and now nothing.

I own Shortcuts and Alarms Pro and love both. I think they really may have dropped the ball though with the HTML viewer.
    11-03-08 12:08 PM
    I have a verizon curve and recently upgraded to OS 4.5 from verizon. I now can no longer view images in my emails due to connection issues. Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks in advance.
    11-09-08 06:17 PM
    I have a verizon curve and recently upgraded to OS 4.5 from verizon. I now can no longer view images in my emails due to connection issues. Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks in advance.
    I bought BBSmart a while back when I had 4.2 and never really used it because it was kind of a pain for regular emails (without html or links) but when I found out I should be able to view images, I set my viewer to BBSmart. Um, but still no images? I emailed BBSmart for help/updates but they never responded which bummed me out and then I upgraded to 4.5 so now the BBSmart is not necessary.

Try emailing them A LOT and maybe they will respond to you.
    11-10-08 05:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD