I just noticed that there is an update to Visual Voice mail. The new version is 1.19.16
    06-26-09 02:25 PM
    YouMail offers visual voicemail for free. If you really want to spend three bucks a month, YouMail will transcribe your messages.
    06-26-09 04:39 PM
    YouMail offers visual voicemail for free. If you really want to spend three bucks a month, YouMail will transcribe your messages.
    Love VisualVoiceMail! 3 buck? Less then a Big Mac and the integration with the Storm is great.
    Thanks for the heads up on the version update.
    06-26-09 05:07 PM
    Make sure to set all permissions to 'Allow'.
    06-26-09 05:27 PM
    dude i love visual voice mail! $3 aint nothin a month. noticed this update the other day and havent really checked it out yet. anyone know what the update is for?
    06-26-09 05:41 PM
    Tried youmail...... and promptly deleted. VZW Visual Voicemail is well worth it and much nicer and cleaner to use. Thanks for the update heads up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 07:11 PM
    Tried youmail...... and promptly deleted. VZW Visual Voicemail is well worth it and much nicer and cleaner to use. Thanks for the update heads up.

i agree...i had VZW VVM when i got my Storm and for some stupid reason I stop it to try YouMail, what a mistake that was...now i'm back using VZW VVM. $3/month is worth it

as far as the update...i really can't tell what's changed.
    06-26-09 08:11 PM
    Just got te update and suddenly my screen brightness is closer to the 10 I set it as than it was previously. Weird.

06-27-09 11:17 PM
    I currently have 1.19.6 installed. Is 1.19.16 an upgrade? Is .16 higher then .6?

06-28-09 10:35 AM
    I currently have 1.19.6 installed. Is 1.19.16 an upgrade? Is .16 higher then .6?

Thats a good question, I use youmail myself. Never tried the Verizon VVM. Do they offer a free trial??
    06-28-09 03:33 PM
    Thats a good question, I use youmail myself. Never tried the Verizon VVM. Do they offer a free trial??
    I like it. It is very easy to use and nice to be able to see voice mails at a moments notice. Worth the $3.
    06-28-09 06:25 PM

Good ???; I too noticed the same bloomin' thing. I also have no clue what's changed. I'm a lemming so I went ahead and updated.
    06-28-09 07:44 PM
    Noticed it too. I have had some serious complaints about the Verizon Voicemail myself. I started a thread about that.

Got the update. Seems a bit better more stable than the previous but the only thing I noticed for real is that I can listen to the messages through my BT headset which I didn't remember being able to do with the previous version.

Not sure if I just didn't notice the BT before but I like having that now.

Jay
    06-28-09 08:06 PM

Of course it is. Unless OS version .75 is newer than OS .148. That's just the way software numbering works. The "." acts more like a separator between major and minor revision segments than an actual decimal point.

06-28-09 08:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD