Ok, so I got my 8830 WE about a year ago, and one of the first apps I got was Viigo. I just had the regular version, and it worked fine. I only used it for rss feeds, weather, and the movie theatre listings, but it did all of that perfectly. Then, the alpha came out a while ago, so I picked that up. It worked, I guess, but rss feeds that had updated regularly pretty much stopped updating altogether, and there were channels that had given me 5-10 new articles each day, but with Viigo alpha, they each only got one new article every week or so. I figured that had something to do with how the alpha operated, so I switched to the crackberry edition. I'm pretty disappointed with the additional features available on this, and now, I only use the cb service for the blogs, which I had previously had (and would rather have) in with the other rss feeds. But it still isn't updating as it should. It seems to update more regularly than the alpha, but I know there are articles that, for whatever reason, just aren't coming through. I've started actually closing the program instead of just moving it to the background, and this seems to help, but every so often, upon being reopened, it updates with duplicates of articles I've already read.

So, I'm wondering - if I got back to the regular version of Viigo that I had originally, would these update problems persist, or would it go back to functioning properly? I'm not sure if these problems are because of the different versions or because of some change Viigo made in their processes that happened to coincide with me changing versions.

Any input would be much appreciated.
    06-09-09 05:18 PM
    I've had the Crackberry edition of viigo for about 4 months. I've had no other versions of viigo (though I am considering deleting this version and downloading the alpha version for the additional features).

I never had any problems with updates until about 2-3 days ago when I started getting duplicate articles during updates. I haven't changed any settings and this has been my only problem. I haven't uncovered any cause, but it seems to have just fixed itself because it's updating normally again and there's been no duplicate articles today. Maybe it was a problem with viigo's servers???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 07:21 PM
    stick to what works best and that causes u the least problems. I'm sure if u go back to the original, u should be fine
    06-09-09 08:53 PM
    I too had all sorts of issues with viigo. The more bloat they added to the app the worse it got. I ended up getting rid of it altogether. All they feeds I got now do updates via twitter. Grap one of the twitter apps and see if you can't get your feeds that way. A much better solution IMO.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 09:38 PM
    Yes it was Viigo's servers that were under maintenance. Sometimes when they do this you will get duplicates and even articles that you have read and deleted the crackberry edition is good but I suggest if you get that to go through and add the channel to your regular news and rss feeds since for whatever reason that gets updated quicker than the actual service. I currently have Alpha on my Storm and the cb edition on my Pearl both with the same login name. Alpha is still in it's infantcy so it is buggy and the cb edition is pretty good just try not to overload it with feeds. Ultimately do what euro2low said and stick with the one that works best for you and your BB.
    06-09-09 10:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD