Via BlackberryCool.com

The Facebook app isn’t the greatest first party app for BlackBerry, but it’s definitely one of the hottest in terms of demand. With almost every single BlackBerry user on Facebook, a good Facebook app is crucial. The coming updates to Facebook, 1.8 and 2.0, will mostly address performance issues, but we haven’t seen much in the way of new features. Personally, I think this app needs to support Facebook Apps, and it will truly be the app we all want.

Upcoming features for Facebook 1.8 (coming May 2010) include:

Faster load times
    Video uploading
    Replacing BIS-E notifications with BlackBerry Push APIs
    Facebook 2.0 (coming end of year) will feature:

User interface redesign
    People Search

One of the downsides to RIM making an app is that updates come much slower than we would all like.
    03-23-10 03:30 AM
    yawn.......

any real news regarding facebook?

like them deleting all of the BS and going back to where they came from.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-10 08:06 AM
    Unfortunately the FB app is still way behind when it comes to the iPhone version and i'm not flaming on here or anything, but after all the bb's I've had... I couldn't believe the difference in that app specifically, I really hope RIM ups the ante here...

I realize there are all in one chat messenger apps like palringo that you can chat on fb with but the one thing that shocked me is they haven't incorporated that yet into the new app (unless it was changed since I left bb in dec)

Why does RIM continually drag stuff out.... It can't be THAT hard to fix... can it ?
    03-23-10 10:22 AM
    Sigh.... and once again we play the waiting game. Thanks RIM
    03-23-10 10:22 AM
    Why does RIM continually drag stuff out.... It can't be THAT hard to fix... can it ?
    I'm thinking we should use reverse psychology on RIM. Start requesting apps and features we don't want. Then they'll probably start pushing out what we need.
    03-23-10 10:25 AM
    I'm thinking we should use reverse psychology on RIM. Start requesting apps and features we don't want. Then they'll probably start pushing out what we need.

LMAO !!

Almost like dating some women these days... say one thing to get another lol
    03-23-10 10:27 AM
    the facebook app has to be greatly modified and update din terms of refreshing and updated with the system.
    03-23-10 09:26 PM
    since the Facebook app doesnt need BIS-e push API's, does that mean a Blackberry not on BIS can get notifications on the app too?!??!
    03-23-10 09:43 PM
    I just gave up on the app getting better once I installed it. "Faster load times."
    Thanks Waterloo
    03-25-10 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD