Today I noticed that a skype icon appeared on my bb. I don't know how it got there and don't want it. It's not listed in applications for me to delete. I want to get rid of it. How do I do that? Has this happened to anyone else?
    03-30-10 08:51 PM
    Yes, noticed same thing a couple days ago on my bb Tour 9630. I downloaded but did not agree. Thought vtwice abt it as their was not enuf info as if they would charge me for it. I went to tool icon, selected applications, then skype n then deleted. Noticed aftr I rebooted, it was a removed but that the icon was still there, but like a ghost. So just hide it in your apps and ignore as it is really not Active.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-10 08:58 PM
    Verizon pushed a Skype launcher. Deleting it is futile; Verizon will simply push it again. You can hide it; it doesn't occupy much memory.

03-30-10 09:02 PM
    Thanks guys. I hate when they do that...
    03-30-10 09:05 PM
    May not occupy much, but it is some. I don't agree with it being forced on me either. I won't ever use it and would rather have that space available for an app that I will use.

It is also on my WE and we already know how valuable memory is on it!

04-01-10 04:37 PM
    You AGREED to it when you entered into a Service Agreement with your carrier.

Customer Agreement

My Wireless Device

Your wireless device must comply with Federal Communications Commission regulations, be certified for use on our network, and be compatible with your Service. Please be aware that we may change your wireless device's software, applications or programming remotely, without notice. This could affect your stored data, or how you've programmed or use your wireless device.
    04-01-10 05:17 PM
    ....and we all read that contract FULLY before signing right??

I agree that it's a pain and at the very least, we should have the option to delete it. I now have Skype, Slacker Radio AND Bing and didn't want any of them.

3 apps in a few months time. What happens a year from now? A dozen or more apps on my phone that I don't want, don't use and can't get rid of?
    04-01-10 05:26 PM
    does anyone else have skype on the phone? i have a bold 9700 should i get skype?
    04-01-10 07:44 PM
    You AGREED to it when you entered into a Service Agreement with your carrier.

Customer Agreement

My Wireless Device

Your wireless device must comply with Federal Communications Commission regulations, be certified for use on our network, and be compatible with your Service. Please be aware that we may change your wireless device's software, applications or programming remotely, without notice. This could affect your stored data, or how you've programmed or use your wireless device.
    That's all good and well, but there should be the option to remove the app if I don't need it or want it.
    04-05-10 05:11 AM
    The app is not really loaded on your phone. Its more or less a link to dl it. At most it takes up 2bytes of mem. Just hide and be done.

04-05-10 03:12 PM
    My pushed apps, even if I hide them, still show faintly on my screen as an icon. I created a new folder called "Hidden" and moved them all in there so I don't have to look at them..
    04-05-10 03:27 PM
    If you have an icon hidden make sure you have the show all unchecked or the hidden icons will show up ghost like.

04-05-10 03:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD