Two items just appeared on my BB menu: NFL and Skype apps. I did not download them. They do not show up in my app list and do not show up on my desktop manager, so I don't know how to get rid of them. Any ideas? Also, why would these just show up if I didn't dl them?
    04-21-10 04:50 PM
    They are "pushed" to your device by your carrier. They are pushed through by service books. The best you can do is "Hide" the icons or put them in a folder. As long as you don't install the icons, they are doing absolutely nothing. You can go into your service books to delete the icons, but after a reboot or resending your service books, they will reappear...
    04-21-10 04:54 PM
    they are not apps they are just download links that were pushed from verizon. just move them to a folder or hide them.
    04-21-10 04:55 PM
    04-21-10 05:02 PM
    While the solution of hiding pushed icons is simple enough, I really wish there was a way to prevent them from being pushed at all. Sure, some pushed contents is welcomed, but I don't particularly want SocialScope and Skype. I don't care if the icons/links are taking up 2KB. I personally don't believe Service Providers should be able to push whatever the heck they want. I can't stand that Bing icon being on my phone! I hate Bing! LOL

P.S. The reason I dislike the exclusive-to-Verizon Skype is: I only use Skype on my phone for its I.M. capabilities. This app is beyond pathetic as an I.M. client. You can't open links by clicking on them and you can't cut and/or paste into it. Thanks Verizon! So, I use Nimbuzz for instant messaging my Skype friends. Best of all, it's free...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-10 11:58 PM
    I have a BB pearl 8130 I downloaded a couple of apps only 2 find out that they don't wrk on my phone. can I remove them? Or is there a tool 2 do that

04-22-10 05:47 AM
    I have a BB pearl 8130 I downloaded a couple of apps only 2 find out that they don't wrk on my phone. can I remove them? Or is there a tool 2 do that

You can either go into Options > Advanced Options > Applications (or Options > Applications if you are on OS 5) and find the applications you want to remove. Hit the BB Button and select delete/remove, whatever term they use. Or you can plug your device into your PC, load up the BlackBerry Desktop Manager and go remove it that way.
    04-22-10 09:09 AM
    While the solution of hiding pushed icons is simple enough, I really wish there was a way to prevent them from being pushed at all. Sure, some pushed contents is welcomed, but I don't particularly want SocialScope and Skype. I don't care if the icons/links are taking up 2KB. I personally don't believe Service Providers should be able to push whatever the heck they want. I can't stand that Bing icon being on my phone! I hate Bing! LOL
    One reason I switched from the Palm Pre Plus to BB was because of the VZW apps. Some of them I actually missed. There is none on the Pre except the Navigator, and it isn�t even the newest version. I do agree you should be able to delete, not just hide, the shortcuts you don�t want though.
    04-22-10 09:42 AM
    so basically.... there's no way to delete the slacker radio or visual voicemail download links of the home screen. you can only hide?? lame.
    05-05-10 07:17 PM
    Instead of hiding them you can delete them by going to Options>Advanced Options>Service Book and find them in the list and delete one by one. However, they do come back periodically.
    07-16-10 01:09 PM
    Instead of hiding them you can delete them by going to Options>Advanced Options>Service Book and find them in the list and delete one by one. However, they do come back periodically.
    They will come back every time you do a battery pull.
    The only solution is to hide them individually or put them all in a folder and hide IT.
    07-16-10 02:49 PM
    Yea these icons r very annoying I have hidden them in a folder. So I take it from everything I have read that there is no way to Permanently delete them from the phone? If not that is bull**** bc I never downloaded nfl, skype or some other icon that just appeared!

07-18-10 08:28 PM
    Yea these icons r very annoying I have hidden them in a folder. So I take it from everything I have read that there is no way to Permanently delete them from the phone? If not that is bull**** bc I never downloaded nfl, skype or some other icon that just appeared!

It is indeed very annoying but I have nearly a dozen icons from VZW that I never asked for that I hide. Oh and the only one that I really WANTED... the NFL one...I NEVER got and had to go on the hunt for...so the joke's on me!
    07-18-10 08:41 PM
    It is not just a VZW thing. All carriers push those stupid launchers. I have AT&T, and I have 20 of them in a hidden junk folder.
    07-18-10 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD