How do u get rid of those unwanted app icons to download different apps, like skype, bing, youtube, slacker radio etc?

They are not in my application list because they are not actually installed, but i dont like having that many icons on my screen since i dont use half of them. I have been moving them to an "unused" folder but i'd prefer them to be gone.

Any way to do this?
    04-11-10 04:42 PM
    unfortunately, no. i do the same thing and just add them to a folder.
    04-11-10 04:54 PM
    put them in the unused folder, hide that folder, there they dont exist now
    04-11-10 05:06 PM
    Ok, thanks guys

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-10 07:02 AM
    1. Go to Options (the wrench icon)
    2. Select Advanced Options
    3. Select Service Book
    4. Select unwanted app (Bing, Skype, etc.) then click the BlackBerry button and select Delete.

Hope this helps.
    04-16-10 01:09 PM
    @playtrombone

Unfortunately, if you delete the service books, Verizon will continue to push these apps to your phone at each reboot, so they just keep coming back like a fungus.

Moving them to a crapware folder, then hiding the folder, is the most effective way to get them out of the way for good.

EDIT TO ADD:

I just tried deleting the service book on Slacker and rebooting. Sure enough, it was there in the Downloads folder.
    Last edited by rlmesq; 04-16-10 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Added info
    04-16-10 01:15 PM
    that really suxs
    04-17-10 01:24 PM
    It's irritating, but not a big deal. They're not taking up any memory, it's not the real app you're seeing, only an icon to take you to where you install the app. I created a folder called "STUFF" (I decided to be polite with it) and all the crap I don't want, don't want to see, will never use, etc., goes into that folder. As a result, I have exactly four rows of icons on my drop down screen, one of which is the folder "Stuff." Nice and tidy!
    04-17-10 01:30 PM
    It's irritating, but not a big deal. They're not taking up any memory, it's not the real app you're seeing, only an icon to take you to where you install the app. I created a folder called "STUFF" (I decided to be polite with it) and all the crap I don't want, don't want to see, will never use, etc., goes into that folder. As a result, I have exactly four rows of icons on my drop down screen, one of which is the folder "Stuff." Nice and tidy!
    true....i put them in the extra folder and hide them
    04-17-10 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD