USAA has an app for mobile banking. The Storm (not surprisingly) is not yet listed as a supported device. The devices they list as supported are 8130 (Pearl), 8830, 8330 (Curve).
    I would like to run this app if there is a chance it will work.

What do you think?
    Which device should I choose for set-up if I try this?
    Thank you for your replies.
    01-02-09 11:29 AM
    I have it on mine and it works with no problem at all.
    01-02-09 11:38 AM
    I'm not sure what app you're talking about, but the one I got worked fine on my storm. When I use the browser to go the USAA mobile web site and click on the "get a blackberry app", all I get is an icon that takes me to the same page. It works fine, but I'd rather not waste the memory or screen space on an icon, and just use a bookmark instead.
    01-02-09 11:39 AM
    https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_utils/...le_banking_app

Here is a link to the application description, it is "USAA Mobile Banking Application

USAA Mobile / Mobile Banking Application
    You're Ready with One-Touch Banking
    With this convenient application installed on your mobile device, you can skip the mobile browser � just open the application and log in with a single PIN. Now you're one click away from banking wherever you are.
    01-02-09 11:53 AM
    just download mobile banking and then use it for your usaa, works just fine for me on my 8830 and 9530.
    01-02-09 02:34 PM
    Ok got it, thank you.
    USAA Mobile Banking does support the Storm. When setting up on USAA's site there is a Storm option.
    At first glance it looks much easier to navigate than going through the browser.

What downloaded on my phone was
    Firethorn Ver.3.0
    Last edited by Tantrum; 01-02-09 at 04:57 PM.
    01-02-09 03:42 PM
    I have the "Mobile Banking" application and i'm not a huge fan. It looks like from the website Link
    and this image:

that there is actually a USAA developed BB application. Like the OP and other people, I only get a link to download the mobile.usaa.com launcher. Is there a way to trick the site into thinking I am using a supported phone so I can download the app?

Supported phones are:
    The BlackBerry app is free and available now for the following models:
    BlackBerry Bold (9000)
    BlackBerry Curve (8300, 8310, 8320, 8330, 8350, 8520)
    BlackBerry 8800 Series (8800, 8820, 8830)

Your BlackBerry must be running OS 4.5 or greater.
    Edit: I used a Firefox extension to change the user agent string to that of a BlackBerry Bold and what do you know... I get the link:
    https://mobile.usaa.com/mobile_apps/...Blackberry.jad
    I put the link into my Storm browser and downloaded the app. Unfortunately, it is unusable on the storm in normal or compatibility mode.
    Last edited by mattncsu03; 02-27-10 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Found the link
    02-26-10 07:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD